Overall Satisfaction with Abila MIP Fund Accounting
- MIP export to MS Excel functionality is so easy to use and helps us to quickly begin research and/or analysis.
- The reporting features allow us to pick and choose which columns/fields we would like to see on reports.
- The option to include or exclude unposted transactions provides a good mechanism for what-if scenarios as it relates to financial statement amounts.
- The year-end adjustment feature is new for us however it saves valuable time when reviewing transactions/reporting in preparation for our annual audit.
- I'd like a better way to forecast expense that allows me to use a different multiplier or factors to augment individual line items.
- I would like the ability to develop the budget within the software so it would be easier for variance analysis between current budget and new budget or current actuals vs proposed budget
- The most positive impact MIP had on our overall business objectives was to reduce the amount of time to produce useful reports. We no longer need to convert text files to MS Excel.
- Being able to add and delete columnar/field data prior to generating the reports has made staff members more productive.
- Common chart of accounts to use for any center and/or grant
MIP is well suited for organizations with multiple funding sources, multi-year and cross-year reporting, and numerous cost centers/expense charge codes. The common chart of accounts helps with consistency in reporting across an organization and to external users. Consolidation of different grants is easy to complete and reporting can be performed on any time period.
I don't [think] it is appropriate for smaller organizations that do not have complex accounting or reporting requirements. Many nonprofits have a small staff which might find MIP more structured than they may need to their reporting.
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
Support Headcount Required
Computer services support manager responsible for agency computer network, telecommunications, third-party contractual support
One PC/LAN technician provides desktop support to staff using MIP and helps with upgrades to workstations
Business Processes Supported
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Budget to Actual Reporting
- Cash Management and Bank Reconciliation
- We are still exploring ways to reduce the effort to forecast annual expenses and create financials for our annual report
Future Planned Uses
- Direct Budgeting in MIP rather than using another software for the budgeting modeling we require
Likelihood to Renew
Users and Roles
Evaluating Abila MIP Fund Accounting and Competitors
- Product Features
- Product Usability
Evaluation Lessons Learned
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Implementation
Implementation Details / Implementation Partner
- Third-party professional services
Change Management Lessons
- Training staff to use the software
- Working with consultant to structure software for the agency's needs
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Support
Abila MIP Fund Accounting Customer Support Pros and Cons
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Quick Initial Response
Exceptional Examples of Abila MIP Fund Accounting Support
Using Abila MIP Fund Accounting
- Generating Financial Reports
- Bank Reconciliations
- Getting Budget Amounts into the software
Usability Pros and Cons
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using