Great for special use-cases!https://www.trustradius.com/marketing-automationAct-On SoftwareUnspecified7.43671012018-12-22T20:27:39.315Z
December 22, 2018
Great for special use-cases!
Score 7 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Act-On Software
We use Act-On as a marketing automation tool at our company. It helps us automate our marketing campaigns by allowing us to track our campaign target audience, and fulfill our benchmarks for digital campaigns. It also allows us to integrate other digital campaigning tools like Google Adwords, email, websites (like Squarespace).
- Digital marketing campaign integrations, like Google Adwords, email tracking, other tools that track audiences, and website integrations like WordPress or Square Space.
- The customer support, from what I've heard, is very good.
- Integrations with other CRM systems make this really easy to add to a company's workflow.
- It is one of the most expensive tools on the market, the price, compared to other similar tools, is very high.
- It's a little difficult to get accustomed to this software, it looks like it's designed for people that already have experience in the marketing and campaigns space.
- There are some necessary features, like contacts and sales users limitations, that are only available at higher pricing tiers, despite being already expensive for some of the lower tiers.
- Consistently positive ROI: very specific ROI tracking and successful campaign tracking across various mediums: email, website, etc...
- Negative: Difficult on-boarding, sometimes seems like UI is outdated, so training first time was quite difficult.
- Negative: Quite expensive compared to other similar solutions
HubSpot's pricing tiers are much cheaper in some cases, and they provide some of the tools that are included with Act-On Software's premium tiers. I believe Act-On has more versatility in tracking conversion and other rates out-of-the-box compared HubSpot, which is why we chose Act-On for our production metrics and have continued using their products.
If you have an existing CRM system, like Microsoft 365, you can integrate campaign automation with Act-On, and then it is worth most of the time it takes to get less-experienced employees on-boarded. In other cases that require more minimal use, the on-boarding may be too lengthy. In that case, it may be better-suited to choose a different SaaS that tracks campaign, ROI, lead scoring, etc.