Act-On is Time Efficiency
May 08, 2019
Act-On is Time Efficiency
Development Manager- Corporate Partnerships
Young Survival CoalitionNon-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Act-On Software
Our organization used Act-On for over two years as a whole. Act-On became our main source of emailing all of our constituents through our newsletter, gaining new donors through campaigns, providing information and so much more. We not only used the email campaign but we also used the landing page feature, the survey feature, the automated series feature and the form feature. Each of these functions were used at least on a bi-weekly basis. Being able to create aesthetically pleasing emails ourselves solved the issue of having to hire a company to outsource our emails. Being able to use the landing page feature solved the same issue and also allowed us to create pages on a quick turn around when we needed information out urgently. Having these landing pages was a saving grace on multiple occasions when the information was needed to be resolved or communicated more clearly. Having the forms options not only saved us from outsourcing but also let us collect data in a clean way through the same email campaign we emailed from. The automated series was one of my favorite aspects of Act-On as it allowed us to plan ahead with campaigns and set them up automatically.
- Act-On's customer service is exceptional, they are quick and thorough when you are needing help. For example, we could not figure out how to automate a birthday date for our birthday campaign and the representative was able to walk through the process with myself and another team member. This is a strength of Act-On because many other companies do not have customer services that will speak with you, they direct you to blogs or informational sessions.
- The landing pages that Act-On has created for use on the web is exceptional. The formatting is very user-friendly and the templates are great to navigate. The landing pages allow you to make the page fit whatever campaign or reason you are in need of. This is a strength of Act-On because the landing pages resolve the issue of having to create actual web pages.
- The spam feature of Act-On's emails is a great add on. This feature allows you to test how the spam alerts are triggered in your email and how you can fix it. This has helped many emails be developed in a way so that they reach many more people than they would have without this feature. many other programs do not have this feature.
- They can greatly improve how you are able to place photos in emails. The current way is very archaic and takes a long time to navigate to find your photo. Once your photo is in the email, you cannot crop or adjust the size. This should be upgraded.
- The A/B testing or dynamic emails needs to be worked on. You can not currently test emails before placing them in a series to go to contacts, the testing route is long and usually ends up in frustration. There needs to be a way to test dynamic emails so that you can ensure success before sending.
- With the Automated Series, we were able to put in place campaigns that generated revenue that took no time to continue running once set up. This was a positive feature allowing employees to work on another project while the campaign ran on their own.
Act-On was decided upon by the Marketing and Operations team. I am part of the Development team and was consulted on the aspects of reporting. However, our Marketing/Operations team were very pleased with the way you could personalize and create your own emails and campaigns without having to place many hours into the details. Our organization is on the smaller side with around 20 people so being able to manage one's time is critical to the success of our organization. Act-On is very easy to teach colleagues and this was one of the reasons it was chosen. Pardot is more complicated on many different levels.
Act-On is a great program for organizations who are on the smaller end. The system is easy to navigate and teach to others, which is crucial to the success of an organization that values time and efficiency. Each of the platforms are important in the success of marketing campaigns and gathering information to then succeed down the line. Act-On was able to sync with our database giving us information on multiple layers.
Act-On Feature Ratings
WYSIWYG email editor
Ability to test dynamic content
Email deliverability reporting
Triggered drip sequences
Lead nurturing automation
Lead scoring and grading
Data quality management
Integration with Salesforce.com