Affordable Marketing Automation that gets the job done adequatelyhttps://www.trustradius.com/marketing-automationAct-On SoftwareUnspecified7.43671012019-05-08T16:09:30.650Z
May 08, 2019
Affordable Marketing Automation that gets the job done adequately
Score 5 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Act-On Software
Act-On was being used by marketing to support sales. It was purchased and implemented to facilitate email marketing, landing page design/development, and database organization--amongst other things. Marketing campaigns were to be run and reported on out of Act-On so that we could prove ROI for our marketing efforts. It was integrated with our CRM (Netsuite). 3-5 people at the most would be working inside of the platform, to run between 2-3 marketing campaigns per month.
- Folder structure for list management and marketing assets/campaigns are easy to use. It was easy to keep things organized.
- Email testing was accurate and straightforward.
- Existing templates to build landing page and emails from were responsive out of the box.
- Building email and landing page templates are difficult, the drag and drop builder is not straightforward, and requires coding knowledge
- The workflow tool is cumbersome and not as intuitive as I'd expect a best in class marketing software's to be
- Domain connections and domain management functionality made it difficult to manage multiple company domains and subdomains for pages
- Act-On was minimal spend, so it was easier to understand not having all of the ease of use in features that we wanted.
- We have developers in house, so we were able to get everything done we needed to. We promoted our solutions to our contacts successfully.
- We were able to create visually appealing emails and landing pages that were on-brand and conversion-focused like we wanted to.
Act-On is easier to use than Marketo, but not as visually appealing and user-friendly as HubSpot. It's much better than Pardot, as Pardot feel clunky every step of the way. SharpSpring is comparable because of its price point but surpasses Act-On in its tools and intuitive interface. We selected Act-On because of the pricing model and thought all things would be close to parity with other options. It depends on the team you have. If you have developers and a marketing team that knows some html/css, you can get by with Act-On.
Act-On is well suited for your business if you have a lot of contacts and are averse to the pay by the contact model of competing marketing automation software. Act-On charges by emails sent, not by how many contacts are in the database, so it makes it a great place to store everything, even if you aren't engaging with some of those contacts.