Overall Satisfaction with ActivTrak
We use it to manage the productivity of our workforce, but it has provided audit trails and evidence in investigations. During CoVID, we found that 90% of our employees are efficient at home. With ActivTrak, we were able to identify some productivity issues and make adjustments that benefited the employee.
- The activity log is an excellent resource to get detailed information.
- The working hours is one of my favorite reports. I can pull employee reports and graphically show their working hours.
- The dashboard gives me a quick view of someone's work history.
- Speed... When querying the data, it seems to lag especially if you do more than seven days.
- The Productivity report - I would like to see multiple days in the details of the single-day report. I love the report because it shows the clock times, but I would like to be able to do multiple days so that I can show trending in one interface.
- I have a part-time developer in IT. He was working remotely one day a week and two days in the office. With ActivTrak, I found that he was 50% less productive in the office. I changed his schedule to where he only comes to the office two days a month.
- With the working hours report, we have been able to match clocked hours with productivity with our remote workers. Remote workers are less likely to falsify hours.
- Dashboard - I can get a clear insight of a user or a group in one single pane of glass.
- Working Hours Report - The graphical report that shows the contrast between productive and unproductive time.
- Activity Log - It provides a detailed report of the user's activity including passive time.
With the remote workforce, we now have a definitive report of the employee's activities. With Activity Log, Working Hours Report, and screenshots, the employee gets a clear picture of their workday. When we were evaluating software packages, we wanted the ability to see an activity log and screenshots. To be honest, my company only takes advantage of about 50% of the capability of ActivTrak.
Management has created remote work schedules for employees to maximize their productivity. We have seen a trend where employees are more productive remotely than in the office.
We have not used ActivTrak for resource utilization or to manage process workflows.
Do you think ActivTrak delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ActivTrak's feature set?
Did ActivTrak live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ActivTrak go as expected?
Would you buy ActivTrak again?
For our company, we use it for two main objectives. One, we check the productivity of the employees. Second, it has proven a useful tool in disciplinary issues. For example, management was questioning the need for a remote employee. Her manager raved about her performance and work. While doing a general review of top websites, we noticed a high usage of gambling sites. Another incident, we had an employee taking company information and sharing it with a competitor. HR was able to present specific emails and files during the investigation due to the screenprints from ActivTrak.