Still in our early stages of ADP WFN
Updated July 14, 2016
Still in our early stages of ADP WFN
Score 10 out of 10
- Time & Attendance
- Talent & Performance
Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now
We use it mainly for our payroll, time and attendance, and performance management. Our employees utilize Workforce Now to request time off request, review their timecards, view their paystubs, and update their personal/employee information. The managers utilize it for introductory and annual reviews, responding to time off requests, and viewing their employee labor distribution. ADP Workforce Now has helped us centralized many of the payroll and human resource procedures. Eventually we'll fully utilize the recruitment module to streamline our hiring process.
- Relatively easy to view/add/update employee information, the menu is divided into smaller section to quickly identify the kind of information is available
- Extensive standard reports available for use; also great that we can request or learn how to do customized reports for different needs
- The effective dating sometimes creates a problem for us when we have to enter in backdated information or records; the function creates different time periods of records each time a new effective date is entered, and if you go into an old record, change something, it'll only change for the period, then you have to go into any records newer than the one that the change was made in, and update each of those as well
- The goal limit feature for deductions in the payroll system has worked inconsistently for us since we've began utilizing ADP, and we've had to manually track all deductions to ensure that these goal limited functions are even working properly. Having to manually track these defeats the purpose of that function all together.
- I would definitely favor the ability to multi-task in Workforce now by having open/pending tabs, rather than having to completely leave one section to enter in another. There have been times where I would need to exit out of a set up wizard to access information from the employee's profile, and start all over because I had to cancel out of the set up wizard, rather than "minimize" the task to navigate away from it for a second and go back to it. Instead I've had to start over after I've retrieved the information I needed. On the other hand, if the information is stored in their profile, shouldn't it auto-populate into the necessary fields in the wizards if the information is needed for that particular item?
- Though many of the modules centralize many of our processes, it was and can be time-consuming to implement each feature. Not as user-friendly as it was advertised to be, but simple enough once we got over the initial hump.
I have not used other products before, nor have I evaluated any.
This is my first time utilizing ADP and have only learned in the the context of how my organization utilizes it. I would say we're still in the early stages, since we have been using it less than a year so far. So far, ADP Workforce Now offers many relevant and helpful modules that centralizes many of our processes, while allowing us to store employee information electronically. We are trying to reduce the methods of paper records that we have used for so long and transitioning over to a more electronic realm and ADP allows that medium.
ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings
Using ADP Workforce Now
We do not plan on switching systems again in the near future, we just started using ADP Workforce Now this year, and were with our last payroll company for many years. We switched because ADP WFN was supposed to help us streamline HR and Payroll, while being more user friendly and developed than our last system.