Hands-down the best available!
February 19, 2020

Hands-down the best available!

Overall Satisfaction with ADP Workforce Now

We use ADP Workforce Now in our payroll department. It's our main point of paying out employees. The record-keeping and reports within WFN are extremely helpful. It's easy to pull the information needed for audits or when having to put census data together for pension, 401K or benefits.

Pros

• Custom reporting is a breeze with field grabber.
  • Looking at a range of pay stubs is easy as you can select only the pay stubs you want to view.

Cons

• It should be easier to go to dependents and beneficiaries from the enrollment screen in the benefits module.
  • The ability to change a file number entered incorrectly, before paying an employee, would be great to have. Currently, you have to delete the new hire and set them up again.
  • It helps to keep our payroll costs in check.
I needed to add a new Company Code as we went into a new State recently. The ease of getting that set up was so nice. It was done quickly as well. From the starting email to the final set up, it took less than 2 weeks. It may have taken a shorter time is schedules had aligned better. Once ADP and myself were able to start the set-up, it was like a blink of an eye and I had a new company code and was able to start hiring new employees.
  • Kronos
While I wasn't apart of the original integration set up between Kronos and ADP WFN, I can say that what I am currently working with is super easy.
  • ADP Workforce Now
We are a cross border company, meaning that we are based in Canada but have U.S. employees. I've seen the Canadian version of Workforce Now and there is no comparison to the U.S. version of Workforce Now. The U.S. version is far beyond what the Canadian version is. There's way more functionality, reporting options, payroll processing is by far simpler and the overall product is easier to use from a user standpoint. We are looking at the Cross Border Workforce Now that ADP offers so that the Canadian and U.S. version are the same, with the same functions, reporting, and look.
ADP Workforce Now, in my opinion, is a great system for processing payroll. I've worked in another version of payroll software that ADP offers and Workforce Now is a standout. The functionality of reporting is great and very user-friendly. The Time-off module makes it easy to not only track employees' vacation and PTO but also keep balances in check. The benefits module is great but it could be easier to move around in.

ADP Workforce Now Feature Ratings

Employee demographic data
Employment history
Job profiles and administration
Workflow for transfers, promotions, pay raises, etc.
Organizational charting
Organization and location management
Compliance data (COBRA, OSHA, etc.)
Pay calculation
Support for external payroll vendors
Benefit plan administration
Direct deposit files
Salary revision and increment management
Reimbursement management
Approval workflow
Balance details
Annual carry-forward and encashment
View and generate pay and benefit information
Update personal information
View company policy documentation
Employee recognition
Report builder
Pre-built reports
Ability to combine HR data with external data
Performance plans