Best All in One SEO tool
September 04, 2018
Best All in One SEO tool
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Ahrefs Site Explorer
Ahrefs provides the best backlink data in the industry and continually updates their platform to better serve users. As a user, I find that I can complete 90% of my SEO research in Ahrefs, which is very important in terms of workflow speed and project management. Aside from backlink data, Ahrefs also provides several other tools in their suite that is comparable to other industry leaders.
- Backlink data: Ahrefs continues to provide the best backlink data in the industry when compared to other tools. Other players are playing catching up, but as a first mover, Ahrefs is ahead of the game by far.
- Keyword data: Ahrefs provides extremely valuable keyword data. Though I rank them second in this category, the data that they provide is comparable to the first ranked player.
- Content Explorer: I don't think other industry tools (SEO specific) has a content explorer as useful as Ahrefs. Their content explorer works great for identifying top content and trends for multiple industries.
- Rank Tracker: This rank tracker is better than the average tracker and Ahrefs provides a large limit for tracked keywords. Though they have moved away from daily updates, the rank tracker is great for bench marking progress.
- Can't export graphs: some graphs within the tool would be useful as an export. Unfortunately, exporting them is not an option.
- No "blanket" reporting options: though Ahrefs is excellent for gathering and exporting intel/data, there are no blanket SEO reports provided. Exporting data is great, but simple report exporting would make it better.
- Ahrefs has helped save hours of work because it functions as an all-in-one SEO tool. Before Ahrefs, I would have to switch toolsets multiple times, compile the reports, then organize data. Ahrefs as an all in one helped managed the chaos that having too many tools create.
- Backlink data is crucial to predicting content success. Ahrefs has provided us with better backlink data, allowing our predictions to be more accurate.
- Ahrefs has helped us cut away from having another rank tracker subscription. Their rank tracking tool is good enough to not warrant a dedicated rank tracker, helping us save on costs.
Betweem Moz, SEMRush, and Ahrefs - Ahrefs takes the cake. Though Moz is catching up with link data, their other toolsets do not provide enough useful data to make complex decisions. SEMRush is a close tie with Ahrefs and would definitely be on top of mind if I also managed PPC. For pure SEOs, Ahrefs would be number one.
Ahrefs has great prices for the data they provide. As a freelancer, I know there are cheaper options, but they do not provide the backlink data that Ahrefs provides. As an in-house SEO, I believe that Ahrefs is a must for research. If I had one SEO tool, it would be Ahrefs because it has most SEO tools all in its suite.