Chime is just like Zoom, Better than UberConferencehttps://www.trustradius.com/web-conferencingAmazon ChimeUnspecified7.3211012018-05-29T02:49:24.379Z
May 28, 2018
Chime is just like Zoom, Better than UberConference
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Amazon Chime
We received a professional subscription to Amazon Chime when we signed up for phone service through Vonage. We have two offices - one in Denver and Cincinnati - so we use the video conferencing service to hold team meetings across the offices. We also use the corresponding conference line as our primary office conference line. It allows us to stay connected to each other, as well as to hold reliable conference calls with multiple participants.
- Great call quality! The conference line is crystal clear.
- Strong video quality. We've never had problems with the video conference feed cutting out.
- The app is pretty user friendly and easy to use.
- Easy to send invites and to give teammates the ability to schedule calls/video conferences on behalf of another account.
- More simplified dial-in numbers. The PIN for our conference line is long and easy to mistype.
- You do not have to download the Chime app in order to join a conference, but if you want to do anything beyond join (schedule a conference, participate in a group chat, control participants), you have to have the app downloaded and installed. The app that you have to download in order to launch a conference is a memory hog, and slows down a computer's boot up time.
- The add-in for Microsoft Outlook is particularly clunky. It helps you add scheduled conference calls/video conferences to your Outlook calendar, but it can cause Outlook to crash, and creates a really slow open time for Outlook. If you can avoid downloading the Outlook Add-In, I would.
- No built-in screen sharing capabilities.
- Amazon Chime has been an incredibly cost effective way to add video and conference line services (with screen sharing) to our day to day operations because we have an account for free for being Vonage customers.
- A pro account only costs $15 a month, and you only need one pro account for a small office. If others in your organization need to join, all you need is a basic account to join. You need a pro account in order to launch and administer meetings.
Amazon Chime is great for call and video quality. It's pretty comparable to Zoom both in cost and capabilities. It's definitely superior to UberConference and Join.me, both of which are not particularly reliable. I have had call quality and the screen shares freeze up. Also, neither UberConference or Join.me have a video conferencing ability.
Amazon Chime is a superior alternative to other free video conference/conference call programs. The call and video quality are great, and you can have multiple participants on both video and call. It's well suited for an organization that wants an affordable option for video and conference calls, but may not be appropriate for organizations with limited budgets or those who do very little conferencing.