Fortinet offers FortiClient, their endpoint security system emphasizing automated advanced threat protection, security fabric integration, secure remote access, endpoint quarantine, and a comprehensive reporting dashboard.FortiClient is a great enterprise-level VPN SolutionOur entire organization uses FortiClient. We have a large number of employees that either work remote, travel frequently, or otherwise work outside of our secure network that need access to private and proprietary files - FortiClient is the tool we use to seamlessly allow all authorized users access to our network. FortiClient addresses the issue of keeping all employees connected to the same network, no matter how geographically dispersed they are.,Virtually a one-click action connection to my work network while remote. I just enter my network username & Password, click connect, and I can access all the fileshares as if I were on-site. Speed - I have used other virtual network clients in the past, and the speed while working remote with one of them (even on a high speed connection) was easily 10x slower than if I were physically on the network. FortiClient is different, where the speed degradation is on the magnitude of only 2-3x slower - A significant and noticeable difference compared to other clients on the market. On MacOS, FortiClient has a little toolbar icon that gives me a status, as well as actions to quickly connect or disconnect from my work network. It is a small thing, but a super handy feature!,The main client UI feels a bit dated and clunky. Some of the interactions are not clearly called out or organized, making it hard to understand how to get under the hood quickly. Sometimes FortiClient can be a memory hog and noticeably be a contributor to slower speeds while working on my computer. I sometimes have to disconnect, hard stop, and then restart and reconnect in order to resolve the memory issue.,10,I have more flexibility in working remotely, knowing that I have a reliable and secure way of accessing files on my work network. This increased flexibility has led to better productivity, more freedom to work when and how I want, and confidence in knowing I can access what I need to when I need to. Working with employees on the other side of the world, I have confidence in sharing my files with them by simply working on my local network. This increases collaboration, speed, and efficiency.Very simple to use and not intrusive at all!FortiClient is a very simple software that is being used mainly for VPN purposes. Very secure software which you can rely on. The level of protection that it comes with is something you appreciate for the price. Very convenient, since setting it up it does not take a lot of knowledge at all.,VPN works very smoothly Protect your identity from any intruder Provides several levels of protection,The interface is kind of messy Software does not come with a tutorial It's not friendly for someone who does not use VPN,9,Saves us money from hiring professional talent to set up remote connections Sometime might have a lag, which creates a delay on business responses Is a great solution for VPN at a great price,Chrome Remote Desktop and GoToMyPC,GoToMyPC, Chrome Remote Desktop, DameWare Remote Support, GoToMeeting, Apple Remote Desktop,50,25,VPN Secure connection between computers Change of IP address,Work from home Gather information from platforms outside the region Protect data integrity,Threat protection against malware Auto connection for efficiency in task performance Attack prevention,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Analyst Reports,I would first take a look at the user interface and evaluate the aspects of the software--this could have saved us some time training staff and getting a good overview of how it works. After this, there is nothing else we could change in our criteria, since it's a nice VPN.,9,No,There was one time that my PC was having difficulties in the OS, and I called thinking that the issue was happening due to the software. So they listened to my problem and kindly asked me some questions, just to get rid of possible malfunctions. At the end we were in the call for 1 hour and they helped me out with the issue occurring on my PC and made FortiClient work pretty well.,Connecting to the VPN Configuring your login info for remote desktop Doing a malware revision,Setting it up on Mac OS Checking and defining security policies Centralizing client managing monitorization,9FortiClient - for when you need to keep data safe behind a VPNWe manage confidential client data, so security is incredibly important to us. Our clients are publicly funded entities, so their activities, as well as ours are held to a particularly high level of security compliance. We use FortiClient as a VPN connection manager for connecting to our secure database (SugarCRM). We feel confident that it's difficult to hack, but we really appreciate how easy and reliable it is for VPN connection.,Simple user interface and easy to use, so anyone who needs access to your VPN can get to it reliably. Reliably secure, which means it's not easy for others to access whatever you keep behind your VPN. Easy to administer for your IT team.,Offers additional capabilities beyond being able to connect to a VPN, but it's not always clear what these are or why they are important.,9,It's an affordable means of keeping our data secure AND accessible by staff members, allowing us to work remotely and access the database at home or outside of the office. This allows staff to reach maximum productivity.,UberConference, Amazon Chime
FortiClient

FortiClient Reviews

FortiClient
Filter 9 vetted FortiClient reviews and ratings
Evan Jaffe profile photo
October 11, 2018

Review: "FortiClient is a great enterprise-level VPN Solution"

• Virtually a one-click action connection to my work network while remote. I just enter my network username & Password, click connect, and I can access all the fileshares as if I were on-site.
  • Speed - I have used other virtual network clients in the past, and the speed while working remote with one of them (even on a high speed connection) was easily 10x slower than if I were physically on the network. FortiClient is different, where the speed degradation is on the magnitude of only 2-3x slower - A significant and noticeable difference compared to other clients on the market.
  • On MacOS, FortiClient has a little toolbar icon that gives me a status, as well as actions to quickly connect or disconnect from my work network. It is a small thing, but a super handy feature!
  • The main client UI feels a bit dated and clunky. Some of the interactions are not clearly called out or organized, making it hard to understand how to get under the hood quickly.
  • Sometimes FortiClient can be a memory hog and noticeably be a contributor to slower speeds while working on my computer. I sometimes have to disconnect, hard stop, and then restart and reconnect in order to resolve the memory issue.
FortiClient is really well suited for providing remote employees super quick access to a local network without needing much technical know-how. The virus scanning and web-blocking is also really great at making sure to keep the spam, ads, and other malicious web connections at bay. I have not run into any specific scenario that FortiClient has not been well suited - All of the scenarios in which I have used FortiClient have all functions really well for me.
Read Evan Jaffe's full review
Horacio Carcamo profile photo
August 29, 2018

FortiClient Review: "Very simple to use and not intrusive at all!"

• VPN works very smoothly
  • Protect your identity from any intruder
  • Provides several levels of protection
  • The interface is kind of messy
  • Software does not come with a tutorial
  • It's not friendly for someone who does not use VPN
One of the cases which we use VPN for is for desktop remote connection, and FortiClient provides a well and stable connection, while at the same time giving you confidence that the data you are working with will be protected, even when using remote connection. This also works well if you want to change your IP address.
Read Horacio Carcamo's full review
Emma McCarthy profile photo
May 28, 2018

Review: "FortiClient - for when you need to keep data safe behind a VPN"

• Simple user interface and easy to use, so anyone who needs access to your VPN can get to it reliably.
  • Reliably secure, which means it's not easy for others to access whatever you keep behind your VPN.
  • Easy to administer for your IT team.
  • Offers additional capabilities beyond being able to connect to a VPN, but it's not always clear what these are or why they are important.
It's a very easy to use tool for connecting to a VPN, which will help you keep you and your clients' data secure. It's a critical tool for companies that require use of a VPN in order to limit access to confidential data or other information. It's not particularly necessary for businesses that do not need to set up or access a VPN.
Read Emma McCarthy's full review