Fortinet offers FortiClient, their endpoint security system emphasizing automated advanced threat protection, security fabric integration, secure remote access, endpoint quarantine, and a comprehensive reporting dashboard.FortiClient Network security for your companyFortiClient is used across the organization, it allows secure connectivity (VPN Tunnel) for users on external networks (business trips, home, etc.) into the organization's internal networks. It also allows our network admins to control specific users' access to networks and resources as they connect via the VPN by defining various rules related to the user logged in (which is identified by his username and password).,Supports all operating systems our organization works with (Windows, Linux, Mac) Provides secure VPN access for users from anywhere with an internet connection Controls access for users accessing the network,Linux client works but is really clunky, and prone to lose your settings for no apparent reason Hard to debug user connectivity problems,8,It definitely pays back for itself easily.FortiClient for users and mobile companiesFortiClient, is our VPN connection client. It is used in both Windows and Mac OS X. It is used by all departments. Most have access to the corporate network from the outside, so the best way to access the network is with FortiClient. This application helps us solve the problem of accessing information from the outside. It is a simple application to use and to configure, with the steps that the administrator sends it is easy to do it.,Activating the connection with the office is very simple. Just select the icon in FortiClient, enter your credentials and go. I have noticed that when I use FortiClient, I am in the network of my office, even the access controls of my equipment are activated. It is available on the Internet, so that we can download it to users without waiting for the installation by an administrator.,The client in the version for MacOS X is limited and not friendly. In some cases it is frozen. The antivirus installation option is still present, when the installer was previously instructed not to install. Although it is not activated, it is confusing for the user. The non-expert user may believe that the firewall antivirus is activated for his computer and it is not true. The best thing is that if it is installed, do not show the option. It should have a version only for VPN connection, since there is a company like the one I work in, which has other security solutions that are independent.,8,The access of our engineers to information of the projects, allows us to fulfill the delivery of our clients from any place. The technical staff that gathers the information in the field, uploads this information to our network and in the offices we can process the information without having to wait at the end of the week.,Cisco SSL VPN,Microsoft Azure, Adobe Acrobat DC, Apache OpenOfficeWell suited for VPN access to FortiNet networksWe use FortiClient to connect to the VPN our client uses. The app offers some other functionalities we really don't use.,Connection to VPN services is an easy, really straightforward process. Works well on Windows and Mac machines.,There is no real option for Linux machines. There's a client that, after downloading and installing, is not functional since you cannot connect to VPNs with it on Linux. It might work for other purposes (threat/virus protection), but the core functionality which is VPN access won't work. On Windows and Mac computers, the connection is a bit slow at first. It will take a minute to establish a connection.,7,Secure and trusted access to remote resources with no hassle.Forticlient: Secure Remote Access and Endpoint Vulnerability ScansThe attorneys and paralegals in our firm use Forticlient for secure remote access to our network. We were using Microsoft Remote Desktop (RDP) in the past but we were getting hammered by brute force attacks so we switched to using Forticlient and all of our attacker issues ended.,Forticlient has a great built-in vulnerability scan to ensure the end users machine is compliant before logging on to the network. FortiClient is very easy to use since the app simply runs off the default scanning and firewall configs provided by FortiGate. Forticlient is easy to configure and allows both SSL-VPN and IPsec VPN configurations.,I really can't think of anything bad to say about Forticlient. Its a free download and it does its job of providing secure remote access.,9,We had great results using Forticlient, we were able to deploy it to remote users and bypass RDP connections which were much less secure than VPN connections. We were able to scan the remote user's machines without having to provide the uses with anti-malware software which saved us a ton of money.,Kaspersky Endpoint Security and Bitdefender GravityZone,Bitdefender GravityZone, Fortinet FortiGateFortiClient ReviewForticlient is a good tool that offers threat protection, visibility, and control. Is easy to set up and maintain. It's great for small business in that way, because it means you can install it and have some piece of mind without any more configuration. We also use it for VPNs, and it does a great job.,Good VPN solution. Web filtering. Anti-malware protection. Very stable and with great features.,Installation of updates can be improved. Some Windows updates have caused issues. No other issues.,10,Improves security. Business agility using VPN. Secure communication using VPN. Safe and effective business.,,Cisco Aironet and Catalyst Access Points, HPE Aruba Ethernet Switches, Aruba Networks Wireless LAN (WLAN)FortiClient -- Efficient, Simple and Seamless -- No frills, no fuss.FortiClient is being used across the whole company as the primary VPN solution to connect to a FortiGate. It solves a major problem of being able to collaborate with employees across multiple business sites with the peace of mind that the data is safe at both ends of the connection, as well as along the way.,FortiClient is very easy to set up. Two-Factor Authentication is enabled. Non-intrusive notifications on the connection status. Has a stable connection.,The interface requires an overhaul to fit into the design sphere of Windows 10. Limited information is available, as a user, when experiencing connection errors. There are features in settings that require manual tweaking to work as intended (e.g. customization of ports).,9,Fewer IT support calls with regards to our VPN. The security of the VPN process has been improved. Our cost per VPN connection has increased as compared to a previous solution.,Juniper Secure Access SSL VPN,Hype Innovation, TeamViewer, Google Drive, Mimecast Secure Email Gateway, Google Forms, Microsoft Project, Adobe Acrobat DC, Onshape, Mailchimp, Slack, Calendly, Zapier, GoToWebinar, LinkedIn Learning (Lynda.com), Renderforest Video, Zoom, WordPress, Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugins, Joomla!, WPS OfficeForticlient: A must have for all FortiGate adminsThe initial reason for selecting Forticlient was to use SSL VPN access for our remote users through our FortiGate Firewalls. In examining the solution we found a number of boxes we could check with this one piece of software. Forticlient is being used by our userbase for VPN access, antivirus (limited deployment), compliance monitoring and for web filtering at the client level.,VPN Access: The user experience has been very good with their VPN service. Everything just works as it should, and when things do break the logs generated allow for quick resolution. Compliance: This piece allows us to monitor software patching level and application based exploits on a per machine level, even when they are not on the network. When a machine drops out of compliance you can use other Fortinet tools to take action. Web Filtering: You can use the same rules to manage filtering remotely as you do on the network. This creates a uniform experience for the user, and easy management for the admin.,The inability to mass deploy a preconfigured FortiClient without a Fortinet Developer Network account is unreasonable. VPN clients in MSI format or with XML or switch-based configuration has been the standard for years. This is backward and is a consistent source of frustration for every Fortinet admin I speak with.,9,Forticlient has reduced the number of software solutions we need to run at the client computer for compliance and security. Bringing user and computer information into our Firewall logs makes tracking traffic simpler. Allowing no cost Antivirus that can be managed on our BYOD devices has lead to cost savings. Compliance reporting does everything we need it to do for our requirements.FortiClient is a great enterprise-level VPN SolutionOur entire organization uses FortiClient. We have a large number of employees that either work remote, travel frequently, or otherwise work outside of our secure network that need access to private and proprietary files - FortiClient is the tool we use to seamlessly allow all authorized users access to our network. FortiClient addresses the issue of keeping all employees connected to the same network, no matter how geographically dispersed they are.,Virtually a one-click action connection to my work network while remote. I just enter my network username & Password, click connect, and I can access all the fileshares as if I were on-site. Speed - I have used other virtual network clients in the past, and the speed while working remote with one of them (even on a high speed connection) was easily 10x slower than if I were physically on the network. FortiClient is different, where the speed degradation is on the magnitude of only 2-3x slower - A significant and noticeable difference compared to other clients on the market. On MacOS, FortiClient has a little toolbar icon that gives me a status, as well as actions to quickly connect or disconnect from my work network. It is a small thing, but a super handy feature!,The main client UI feels a bit dated and clunky. Some of the interactions are not clearly called out or organized, making it hard to understand how to get under the hood quickly. Sometimes FortiClient can be a memory hog and noticeably be a contributor to slower speeds while working on my computer. I sometimes have to disconnect, hard stop, and then restart and reconnect in order to resolve the memory issue.,10,I have more flexibility in working remotely, knowing that I have a reliable and secure way of accessing files on my work network. This increased flexibility has led to better productivity, more freedom to work when and how I want, and confidence in knowing I can access what I need to when I need to. Working with employees on the other side of the world, I have confidence in sharing my files with them by simply working on my local network. This increases collaboration, speed, and efficiency.Very simple to use and not intrusive at all!FortiClient is a very simple software that is being used mainly for VPN purposes. Very secure software which you can rely on. The level of protection that it comes with is something you appreciate for the price. Very convenient, since setting it up it does not take a lot of knowledge at all.,VPN works very smoothly Protect your identity from any intruder Provides several levels of protection,The interface is kind of messy Software does not come with a tutorial It's not friendly for someone who does not use VPN,9,Saves us money from hiring professional talent to set up remote connections Sometime might have a lag, which creates a delay on business responses Is a great solution for VPN at a great price,Chrome Remote Desktop and GoToMyPC,GoToMyPC, Chrome Remote Desktop, DameWare Remote Support, GoToMeeting, Apple Remote Desktop,50,25,VPN Secure connection between computers Change of IP address,Work from home Gather information from platforms outside the region Protect data integrity,Threat protection against malware Auto connection for efficiency in task performance Attack prevention,9,No,Price Product Features Product Usability Analyst Reports,I would first take a look at the user interface and evaluate the aspects of the software--this could have saved us some time training staff and getting a good overview of how it works. After this, there is nothing else we could change in our criteria, since it's a nice VPN.,9,No,There was one time that my PC was having difficulties in the OS, and I called thinking that the issue was happening due to the software. So they listened to my problem and kindly asked me some questions, just to get rid of possible malfunctions. At the end we were in the call for 1 hour and they helped me out with the issue occurring on my PC and made FortiClient work pretty well.,Connecting to the VPN Configuring your login info for remote desktop Doing a malware revision,Setting it up on Mac OS Checking and defining security policies Centralizing client managing monitorization,9My FortiClient ExperienceMy company uses FortiClient to enable their employees to work from home when this is required. It helps us to log in from our homes and work remotely from there. It basically helps the company to make sure an associate is able to log in, wherever he/she is, despite the fact that he was not able to make it to the physical office, due to external issues such as car accidents on their way to work, roadblocks, weather conditions, etc.,It works as a VPN client remote access. It works perfectly on Windows or Mac It acts as a web filter and antivirus,On my personal experience it takes its time to load and execute (memory usage) It can disconnect at least once during a session Better web filtering,8,It has made it possible for our company to keep running even if our associates can't make it to their office Allows flexibility for those employees that work outside our headquarters, making possible for the company to hire new talents even though they do not live here. Helps avoid relocation expenses Since it makes possible for people to log in from their homes, this results in more quality time for our families, since the commuting is eliminated or reduced.,,GoToMeetingFortiClient - for when you need to keep data safe behind a VPNWe manage confidential client data, so security is incredibly important to us. Our clients are publicly funded entities, so their activities, as well as ours are held to a particularly high level of security compliance. We use FortiClient as a VPN connection manager for connecting to our secure database (SugarCRM). We feel confident that it's difficult to hack, but we really appreciate how easy and reliable it is for VPN connection.,Simple user interface and easy to use, so anyone who needs access to your VPN can get to it reliably. Reliably secure, which means it's not easy for others to access whatever you keep behind your VPN. Easy to administer for your IT team.,Offers additional capabilities beyond being able to connect to a VPN, but it's not always clear what these are or why they are important.,9,It's an affordable means of keeping our data secure AND accessible by staff members, allowing us to work remotely and access the database at home or outside of the office. This allows staff to reach maximum productivity.,UberConference, Amazon Chime
FortiClient

FortiClient Reviews

FortiClient
Filter 22 vetted FortiClient reviews and ratings

Moshe Eshel profile photo
June 24, 2019

Review: "FortiClient Network security for your company"

• Supports all operating systems our organization works with (Windows, Linux, Mac)
  • Provides secure VPN access for users from anywhere with an internet connection
  • Controls access for users accessing the network
  • Linux client works but is really clunky, and prone to lose your settings for no apparent reason
  • Hard to debug user connectivity problems
Does what it sets out to do, a utility which enables me as a user to work remotely and safely - not compromising my organization's security, while allowing me to accomplish my tasks (which require org network access) easily and fast.
Read Moshe Eshel's full review
Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal profile photo
March 14, 2019

Review: "FortiClient for users and mobile companies"

• Activating the connection with the office is very simple. Just select the icon in FortiClient, enter your credentials and go.
  • I have noticed that when I use FortiClient, I am in the network of my office, even the access controls of my equipment are activated.
  • It is available on the Internet, so that we can download it to users without waiting for the installation by an administrator.
  • The client in the version for MacOS X is limited and not friendly. In some cases it is frozen.
  • The antivirus installation option is still present, when the installer was previously instructed not to install. Although it is not activated, it is confusing for the user. The non-expert user may believe that the firewall antivirus is activated for his computer and it is not true. The best thing is that if it is installed, do not show the option.
  • It should have a version only for VPN connection, since there is a company like the one I work in, which has other security solutions that are independent.
For business environments where they have little support, so users can easily install things and access sensitive information remotely and securely. Also in environments where they want access to several sites and equipment with average performance.
Read Eliz Marvic Melicio Carvajal's full review
Hernán Silva profile photo
March 08, 2019

FortiClient Review: "Well suited for VPN access to FortiNet networks"

• Connection to VPN services is an easy, really straightforward process.
  • Works well on Windows and Mac machines.
  • There is no real option for Linux machines. There's a client that, after downloading and installing, is not functional since you cannot connect to VPNs with it on Linux. It might work for other purposes (threat/virus protection), but the core functionality which is VPN access won't work.
  • On Windows and Mac computers, the connection is a bit slow at first. It will take a minute to establish a connection.
If you need a VPN client for a Fortinet enabled networks, FortiClient is a good fit, but only if you are on a Windows or Mac computer.
Read Hernán Silva's full review
June 13, 2019

Review: "Forticlient: Secure Remote Access and Endpoint Vulnerability Scans"

• Forticlient has a great built-in vulnerability scan to ensure the end users machine is compliant before logging on to the network.
  • FortiClient is very easy to use since the app simply runs off the default scanning and firewall configs provided by FortiGate.
  • Forticlient is easy to configure and allows both SSL-VPN and IPsec VPN configurations.
  • I really can't think of anything bad to say about Forticlient. Its a free download and it does its job of providing secure remote access.
Forticlient is best suited for use by anyone needing VPN access to a remote network, however, its vulnerability scans are good enough to be used as a standalone malware scanner as well.
June 12, 2019

"FortiClient Review"

• Good VPN solution.
  • Web filtering.
  • Anti-malware protection.
  • Very stable and with great features.
  • Installation of updates can be improved.
  • Some Windows updates have caused issues.
  • No other issues.
The tool is very good for small business who want to improve security. It's easy to implement and to administrate. Full range of security: antivirus, anti-malware, web filtering, VPN. Daily updates. Very efficient and useful. Quickly Security threats detection. Allows you to make a backup of the configuration. Also, the tool offers a vulnerability scanner.
June 06, 2019

Review: "FortiClient -- Efficient, Simple and Seamless -- No frills, no fuss."

• FortiClient is very easy to set up.
  • Two-Factor Authentication is enabled.
  • Non-intrusive notifications on the connection status.
  • Has a stable connection.
  • The interface requires an overhaul to fit into the design sphere of Windows 10.
  • Limited information is available, as a user, when experiencing connection errors.
  • There are features in settings that require manual tweaking to work as intended (e.g. customization of ports).
FortiClient is very well suited to large enterprises where the IT infrastructure is centrally controlled and administered. This is a perfect market for FortiClient, as it is simple to set up and operate, as a user, and has the bare minimum features needed to get the job done without overcomplicating things.
March 15, 2019

Review: "Forticlient: A must have for all FortiGate admins"

• VPN Access: The user experience has been very good with their VPN service. Everything just works as it should, and when things do break the logs generated allow for quick resolution.
  • Compliance: This piece allows us to monitor software patching level and application based exploits on a per machine level, even when they are not on the network. When a machine drops out of compliance you can use other Fortinet tools to take action.
  • Web Filtering: You can use the same rules to manage filtering remotely as you do on the network. This creates a uniform experience for the user, and easy management for the admin.
  • The inability to mass deploy a preconfigured FortiClient without a Fortinet Developer Network account is unreasonable. VPN clients in MSI format or with XML or switch-based configuration has been the standard for years. This is backward and is a consistent source of frustration for every Fortinet admin I speak with.
If you have FortiGate firewalls, then FortiClient is a definite winner. There is no additional cost over the FortiGate's themselves. It allows security at the client side. It provides more detailed user information to the firewall. SSL VPN works wonderfully. The ability to deploy antivirus to BYOD devices through the same client they use to connect is wonderful. Compliance reporting for the end user devices is handy
Evan Jaffe profile photo
October 11, 2018

Review: "FortiClient is a great enterprise-level VPN Solution"

• Virtually a one-click action connection to my work network while remote. I just enter my network username & Password, click connect, and I can access all the fileshares as if I were on-site.
  • Speed - I have used other virtual network clients in the past, and the speed while working remote with one of them (even on a high speed connection) was easily 10x slower than if I were physically on the network. FortiClient is different, where the speed degradation is on the magnitude of only 2-3x slower - A significant and noticeable difference compared to other clients on the market.
  • On MacOS, FortiClient has a little toolbar icon that gives me a status, as well as actions to quickly connect or disconnect from my work network. It is a small thing, but a super handy feature!
  • The main client UI feels a bit dated and clunky. Some of the interactions are not clearly called out or organized, making it hard to understand how to get under the hood quickly.
  • Sometimes FortiClient can be a memory hog and noticeably be a contributor to slower speeds while working on my computer. I sometimes have to disconnect, hard stop, and then restart and reconnect in order to resolve the memory issue.
FortiClient is really well suited for providing remote employees super quick access to a local network without needing much technical know-how. The virus scanning and web-blocking is also really great at making sure to keep the spam, ads, and other malicious web connections at bay. I have not run into any specific scenario that FortiClient has not been well suited - All of the scenarios in which I have used FortiClient have all functions really well for me.
Read Evan Jaffe's full review
Horacio Carcamo profile photo
August 29, 2018

FortiClient Review: "Very simple to use and not intrusive at all!"

• VPN works very smoothly
  • Protect your identity from any intruder
  • Provides several levels of protection
  • The interface is kind of messy
  • Software does not come with a tutorial
  • It's not friendly for someone who does not use VPN
One of the cases which we use VPN for is for desktop remote connection, and FortiClient provides a well and stable connection, while at the same time giving you confidence that the data you are working with will be protected, even when using remote connection. This also works well if you want to change your IP address.
Read Horacio Carcamo's full review
December 28, 2018

User Review: "My FortiClient Experience"

• It works as a VPN client remote access.
  • It works perfectly on Windows or Mac
  • It acts as a web filter and antivirus
  • On my personal experience it takes its time to load and execute (memory usage)
  • It can disconnect at least once during a session
  • Better web filtering
Since it provides a FREE version it is well suited for small businesses, as well as people that require some sort of flexibility when it comes to working remotely from home or any other place. It comes along with an anti-virus feature, web shield, and can prevent you from scams, so it also provides security to your connection.
Emma McCarthy profile photo
May 28, 2018

Review: "FortiClient - for when you need to keep data safe behind a VPN"

• Simple user interface and easy to use, so anyone who needs access to your VPN can get to it reliably.
  • Reliably secure, which means it's not easy for others to access whatever you keep behind your VPN.
  • Easy to administer for your IT team.
  • Offers additional capabilities beyond being able to connect to a VPN, but it's not always clear what these are or why they are important.
It's a very easy to use tool for connecting to a VPN, which will help you keep you and your clients' data secure. It's a critical tool for companies that require use of a VPN in order to limit access to confidential data or other information. It's not particularly necessary for businesses that do not need to set up or access a VPN.
Read Emma McCarthy's full review

Anti-Exploit Technology (3)
Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) (3)
Centralized Management (4)
Hybrid Deployment Support (3)
Infection Remediation (2)