Overall Satisfaction with Apple iCloud
Our organization allows the use of Apple iCloud for the purpose of synchronizing personal data on work machines to other personal devices. It is an integral part of our BYOD environment and allowing users to be most efficient. It also greatly helps in keeping company data separate from personal data. It addresses the problem of users wanting to integrate their personal lives with their work lives.
- Apple iCloud works incredibly well with Apple Devices. It is an integral part of the setup and use of nearly every Apple Device
- Apple iCloud is arguably the best way to automatically back up iOS devices and personal data
- Through Apple's Volume Purchase Program, we can use Apple iCloud accounts to delegate software licenses
- Apple iCloud has a Find My iPhone feature which is incredibly useful for users to locate their personal or work devices
- Apple iCloud does have a functional Windows integration, but it is lacking in ease of use and support
- Apple iCloud can be difficult to manage if there are multiple other accounts synchronizing with a particular device
- Apple iCloud must be purchased on a monthly basis, there are not options for yearly subscriptions
- Apple iCloud has had a positive impact on ROI, because we allow people to synchronize their personal data, they are happier and more relaxed at work which results in better productivity
- Apple iCloud has had a positive impact on ROI due to the time savings and ease of use. Users are able to set it up themselves, if they want, with no IT support needed
- Google Drive and Dropbox
Apple iCloud can easily compete with Google Drive and Dropbox in terms of personal cloud-based storage, but when it comes to business solutions, iCloud is almost a non-competitor with Google Drive and Dropbox. With no centralized administration, file permissions management, or collaboration tools, it certainly falls short as a viable business solution for anything other than a small business of less than 10 people.
Apple iCloud is well suited for personal use and management of multiple Apple devices. It could also be used for small business environments, but it is not well suited for medium to large businesses due to it's lack of customization and integration with custom domains. The free storage offered and automatic iCloud backups of iOS devices are the best features.