Overall Satisfaction with Treasure Data
We utilize Treasure Data as a way to bring in data from SFDC and translate it in a useful way for Tableau. It is a workflow management tool, SQL tool, and exporter. SFDC reporting has limitations especially for cohort analysis, so we need to manipulate the data outside of SFDC. TD provides a great way to import and export data we need into SFDC. The entire company utilizes the data from SFDC. Only select analysts are able to have access to Treasure Data itself. These analysts do not have experience in managing data and data sources, so Treasure Data has been a helpful tool that assists with the gap.
- Importing data from Salesforce and other sources - with no or little background in data sources, Treasure Data has been useful with assisting the gap.
- Exporting data into Salesforce and Tableau is very simple to set up and can be easily scheduled.
- Support from Treasure Data is a live chat and has been VERY helpful with assisting a lot of the little issues that we run into.
- There are often bugs when they update the source connections. However, they are diligent and have been correcting the issues in a timely matter.
- There are often slow downs with our workflows and increase in Presto usage hours that aren't explainable. We don't change the queries, but we see slow downs over time.
- Positive: Workflows and scheduling have provided fewer crashes and orderly updates for the company that heavily depend on reporting.
- Negative: Workflows are limited. Once it breaks, it cannot skip tasks. It fails and a warning email is sent out.
- Importing data into Salesforce, which is used in flows to generate data in other fields.
- Managing workflows, sometimes increasing the number of runs for the end of the month tracking.
Treasure Data won out because they have the ability to load in data from multiple places such as Redshift and Salesforce, then export into a BI tool (which could have a better UI such as Treasure Data). Pricing was also in a reasonable range that worked for the company. We already knew that we wanted to continue using Tableau, so we needed a tool that would export data into Tableau Online.
Treasure Data is great for companies that do not have a data engineer that helps with constant maintenance and updates to the data tables (sources like Salesforce). This tool is very user-friendly and helps with the management of data. However, it cannot handle large amounts of data. There isn't enough memory [unless the company is willing to pay more] to handle complicated and large queries.