Overall Satisfaction with Asana
Asana is our project management tool that we're using to keep track of our projects, tasks, and most of our strategic initiatives. It's used extensively by most of the company. Our Dev team still uses JIRA for running its sprints, however, marketing, operations, and business development all use Asana and it has helped us coordinate better and reduce lag time between departments.
- Task management - It helps us keep track of all of the tasks that we're working on, prioritizing them, and making sure that they get completed.
- Team collaboration - It makes it easy to work with other teams/departments and collaborate together.
- I would love the ability to comment on files in the app. If someone uploads a pdf or a doc that needs review, then I have to download it, comment on it, and then reupload it. I would love it if it had a way to make comments on the document itself.
- I wish that I could see all of the tasks that I'm a follower of. If you're not the one that the task is assigned to, then it doesn't show up in your feed. Having some sort of report of tasks that you're a follower on would be really helpful.
- It has sped up our process of getting projects completed. We're able to move faster with fewer hiccups than before.
- We're able to better strategize and prioritize our projects now. We can have projects and roadmaps of different tasks that we want to complete that may not fall into our current sprint. Now they don't get lost in the meantime.
It's been great. Outside of the recent system outages recently, they've been super easy to use. I love their mobile app. It makes it so if I have an idea when I'm not at work or near my computer I can open the app and add it to the project and never miss a beat.
I haven't had to have any interactions with their customer support. So, I guess that means they get a 10 because I never have to talk to them! When the recent system outage happened, they were very active on twitter trying to communicate with people and give an update on what was going on.
In my personal opinion, I think that Asana is the easiest one to use out of Basecamp and JIRA. I know that our devs like JIRA but for our marketing team, we prefer Asana hands-down. Basecamp is clunky and awkward when trying to use. I always felt like things were falling through the cracks and different teams were missing things assigned to them.
We do a lot of cross-team/department work so it's been really nice to tag someone in the task and ask for their review/approval. They can easily pop into the task, review, approve, and leave comments for us to review. It's sped up our process and eliminated drag in our organization. It is also really nice to have a paper trail of what was communicated and to refer back to in cases where we're not sure what we agreed upon on previously.