May 09, 2019
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Avalara
We use Avalara to calculate and track sales tax and certificates of exemption.
- Online chat.
- Update sales tax rates.
- Customer service is slow and unreliable
- Transactions record bugs.
- General communication is not consistent.
- On their website, I would like more interactive material and self-help guides.
- We spend a lot of time auditing Avalara's calculations and reports.
- We spend a lot of time chasing customer service to resolve problems.
- It helps that there is one center for everything relating to sales tax.
It calculates the sales tax, and it's still not perfect, so we are still working on it and not expending Avalara's use. We also use certification capture and it is easy to use.
We use it every time we issue an invoice, so the usability is high. However, I wish it worked better so I wouldn't have to spend so much time checking every single transaction and adjusting thing so often.
We use the exemption certificate, and it's very helpful. We would be happy to use managed returns filing. However, it depends on the AvaTax and exemption certificate working well.