Basecamp Fan for Life
Updated January 13, 2022
Basecamp Fan for Life
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Basecamp
Our design and development company uses Basecamp as our primary project management system and single source of truth for all our projects. It enables our remote distributed team to collaborate on projects and communicate with our clients. Our company relies on it for our daily to do lists, sharing updates with the team, and monitoring project status and progress.
- Ease of use - friendly enough for less tech-savvy clients
- Control of user permissions - we can manage which data the client has access to and which is internal facing, as well as assign different team members access to different projects
- Auto updates and notifications - each user controls how and when they receive various types of updates, and auto-checkins keep everyone up to date
- Simplified task management ensures that the process stays streamlined
- While creating sub-groups within lists is helpful, it would be nice to have a better way to tag tasks with attributes, like priority level
- Rigid structure is nice for simplification, but for some projects more flexibility is needed
- No Gantt-type view or way to create dependencies or relationships between tasks and deadlines
- Basecamp is one of the main contributors to our high client satisfaction scores
- Basecamp allows us to be more efficient with our time and tasks
- Basecamp fosters teamwork and collaboration, directly resulting in a healthier company culture
Basecamp is the best application we've found for our team to interface with external clients. It makes project management simple, and allows our clients visibility into their projects, which in turn builds trust, fosters open communication, and improves customer satisfaction. It's easy to learn and use, and has just enough customizability to work for many different types of projects.
Do you think Basecamp delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Basecamp's feature set?
Did Basecamp live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Basecamp go as expected?
Would you buy Basecamp again?
Basecamp is a wonderful tool for teams of varying degrees of technical knowledge, teams managing lots of different types of "agifall" and waterfall projects, and teams that are remotely distributed. It's probably less useful for more strictly agile-focused development teams, compared to other more flexible software applications like Jira and Asana.