Overall Satisfaction with BigCommerce
BigCommerce is used to host our online Wholesale eCommerce store. We have an offline department, but we still enter all ordered into BigCommerce as custom orders. This helps us with keeping up to date sales info on all of our customers, online and offline. Additionally, we use BigCommerce to manage our inventory across both online and offline departments.
- Customer Service is fantastic. Their live chat function has helped in times of need!
- BigCommerce allows for easy integration with other software such as MailChimp, Shipworks and more!
- BigCommerce allows you to add notes to specific orders which is quite helpful when something is out of stock or refunded.
- I'd love for BigCommerce to allow for importing of orders via a CSV.
- I do wish BigCommerce could have more flexibility in the Bulk Edit function. Being able to adjust Minimums and options would be great.
- I feel the analytics portion of the Enterprise plan is a bit lacking. It seems that sometimes it's difficult to gain real product sales stats.
- We've seen an increase in repeat buyers once we switched to BigCommerce. Many people have stated how easy our website is compared to our competition.
- With "custom orders" we have been able to add orders from other sales platforms we sell on to keep inventory management all in one place.
- BigCommerce allows for integration with ShipStation which has drastically reduced our shipping cost errors.
The only reason I'm not giving BigCommerce a 10 rating is due to not having the function of importing orders. If we could import orders instead of having to manually add them as "customer orders" this would save us a dramatic amount of time and reduces our ability to scale at the pace we are growing. We've had to dedicate a person to do all of these custom order entries.
- Shopify and Squarespace
BigCommerce's biggest advantage that I've seen is the ability to have a large catalog of products compared to sites like Shopify and Squarespace. BigCommerce allows for large product menus and product options giving the users easier navigation throughout the catalog. Also, BigCommerce's customer profile is very detailed and it is easy to pull up order and customer history.
BigCommerce is great for all types of stores, especially Wholesale. They allow you to be able to hide your product prices for users that are not logged into your store or have not yet created an account. This protects us wholesalers from retail consumers being able to see what the product they purchased at retail price would cost at wholesale. This protects our end customer, the retail stores.