Overall Satisfaction with Bitly
Bitly was used by my department for our social media posts. It's a great tool and simple to use. We share a lot of blogs that have very lengthy URLs so we needed a tool that would allow us to shorten it to meet Twitter's character limit.
- It's quick, and provides you with a shortened link fast.
- It tracks how many people actually click on the link. This is much better data than just seeing who is reading your post or liking them. They may not be engaging.
- More comprehensive analytics.
- It would be great if it integrated into more social media platforms.
- Shortening multiple URLs at a time would be beneficial.
- Bitly has allowed us to see what posts have a higher engagement and [we have] adjusted our content accordingly.
- Bilty has also let us share more content quickly on Facebook and Twitter.
- Hootsuite Free and Google URL Shortener
Both options are free, and get the job done, but they do not provide a good overview of the link's performance. Also, these two alternative options do not provide an organized way to retrieve or view previously shortened links, which can require more effort, or simply making a brand new URL which affects click through rates.
It's more suited for a small team, where only one or two people will be using the tool and posting to social media. With only one log-in it could get confusing for large teams or multiple users. Bitly is an excellent tool for small to medium size businesses and keeps track of all the shortened URLs for you.