Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Leaving a video review helps other professionals like you evaluate products. Be the first one in your network to record a review of Bitly, and make your voice heard!
Contact sales team
Entry-level set up fee?
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Provides shortened links
- Can be personalized to the business
- Provides URL tracking
- More functionality for the free version
- Shortening URLs
- Tracking lead origination
- Budget optimization
- Integration with Hubspot
- Unified platform
We use their reporting tools to view traffic to short links, which is a more digestible interface for business users than our analytics platform. We also make heavy use of link redirects for managing time-bound campaigns.
We are on the basic plan, which has been more than accommodating of our use case and a more reasonable price point than the upgrade options.
- Custom branding
- UTM parameter management
- QR Codes
- More expensive than alternatives
- Can get flagged as email spam
- Slow customer service
- More filtering options
- I didn't find anything.
- Training for beginners.
- More mobile friendly
- Shorten much longer URLs by a few characters.
- Allow fairly comprehensive parsing of shortened URLs.
- Have an intuitive and friendly website that allows, in a few clicks, to see the performance of the links created.
- Allow more analysis properties of the created links.
- URL Shortening
- Custom Domains
- QR Codes
- Adhoc Pricing
- Campaign grouping tracking
- Custom links for your brand.
- Shortens internet addresses.
- Build and strengthen your brand.
- QR code creation.
- Sometimes, redirection is not that fast.
- Editing links is not currently possible.
- There is a lack of tracking the specific sources of where the traffic comes from.
- Custom URL's.
- Tracking Statistics/
- Easy user management (CMS).
- Automatic Reports.
- Link shortening
- Data analytics
- Market-leading brand
- Ease of use
- Better integration of using custom domains with third-party platforms
- Ability to expire short URLS after a predefined length of time
- Checking of other users’ short URLs to prevent masking of redirects to harmful and/or spammy content
- Shortening URLs
- Click tracking
- Easy to understand interface
- Advanced analytics
- Searching through links on the dashboard
- Shortening URL
- Giving insights about the clicks
- Servers with 99.99999% uptime
- Easy to create and manage URLs
- Providing analytics of others shortened URLs
- Insights about trending markets
- Custom daily reports
- Shortens long zoom links.
- Makes it easy to share links on social media.
- Makes the link copy exchangeable so you can share easily.
- Website where they show the links is hard to read.
- If you have a number of links at one time, it is hard to find them.
- It's website is hard to read.
- Creating user friendly, good looking and easy to remember links.
- Getting total click data of custom links.
- Tags feature helps to organise.
- User interface needs to be improved for more smooth operation.
- Box to Create Custom links should be more spacious.
- Need to make improvement for exporting data.
Bitly is easy to use. The URL for seeing the metrics over time is also simply adding /# to the bit.ly link and there is your data.
I have created so many bit.ly links over time that I occasionally run into "unique" URL names conflicting with links I had already created.
Bitly is fast, complete, and provides excellent back-end reporting.
- Builds unique and readable URLS: bit.ly/MYCONTENT.
- Reporting is robust and very easy to access.
- Using Bitly as a default shortener for Twitter or Tweetdeck provides an additional layer of accountability and reporting.
- Shortening apps have gotten a bad rap and are blocked on some sharing platforms.
- Increase the level of security to eliminate some of the objections to Bitly inclusion.
- Branded Links.
- Easy to Use.
- More integrations.
- Sometimes tricky to setup custom domain initially.
- Tracking Analytics.
- Ability to customize.
- shorten URLS.
- Add more SEO data areas.
- Options for thumbnail updates.
- More analytic data.
- Generate short url in a simple way.
- Have click metrics.
- View all generated URLs.
- Generate short url programmatically.
- Edit the already generated short urls.
- Link shortening.
- URL branding.
- Better UI.
- Very clear and simple interface
- Low usage is completely free
- URL looks nice and easy to remember
- Can provide a bigger free quota
- More reports and analytics would be a nice to have
- Shortens long links
- Keeps track of all customized links
- Provides data such as number of clicks
- Links mysteriously stop working
- Making it easier to use customized brand bitly with website
- Notify users when a link clicked on isn’t working
- Verify that live URLs are being customized
- Shortens long UTM codes
- Allows administrative tracking
- Lets us include our brand in the link
- Gives us the option to create a QR code
- No suggestions for improvement
- ability to separate and track different sources of traffic
- isolate traffic to the same page from same platform
- A/B test messaging to a particular page and its conversion
- abillity to geo locate clickers
- better filtering of bots
- sometimes numbers are off - more accuracy needed
- Shortens URL
- Helps in tracking link analytics
- Has a freemium product as well
- Sometimes it takes a while to redirect
- Link customization not possible sometimes on free plan
- Tracking link sources is a challenge
- Makes long, complicated URL's easy to read
- Lowers the room for error when copying a URL
- I can create a brochure with a shorter Bitly link that looks easier to use than a long, complicated URL
- If Bitly could have its own QR code easily created in the same place
- If Bitly links could be customized without having an account created
- Simple tracking without having to pay
- Short links
- Click analytics
- QR codes
- Delete old links
- Better free version
- Hide/archive old links in dashboard