Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT - Robust and Competitive Tool
August 12, 2022

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT - Robust and Competitive Tool

Vonnie Dodson | TrustRadius Reviewer

Overall Satisfaction with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

I currently use Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT less often than last year, but I was instrumental in the conversion to Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT seven years ago at our university. I was the database manager and used it for fundraising, connecting with alumni, reporting, and donor relations. Our Advancement Department is currently using it for prospect research as well. In the midst of a capital campaign, the university is making strides in building relationships and projecting revenues over the next 3-5 years.
  • Provides excellent moves management tools to stay connected with donors and alums
  • Provides good metrics for social media and other communication results
  • Provides excellent tools for importing and exporting data
  • Gives great overviews with charts and graphs that assist in telling the story of success
  • With regard to Marketing/Email, it would be great to have additional flexibility in creatively drafting mass emails
  • A matter of preference: search bar - get rid of the dropdown and allow us to search a name and hit "enter" - make it a flexible search
  • I am not sure if this has been updated, but we need to be able to add files to a record (PDF or Excel) without it being added in Actions
  • Reporting ability
  • Mobile connectivity
  • Financial connectivity (donation links and event registration links)
  • Communication via email and Social Media
  • The use of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT has allowed us to combine a few platforms into one, creating donor pages and networking with alumni
  • Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT has allowed us to track Social Media interactions and touch points and increase our exposure on these platforms
  • Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT allows us to send mass emails effortlessly to our constituents, giving us the ability to both automate and personalize communications
Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT allows us to track and target donors that have been "lost" - the LYBUNTs and SYBUNTs (those who have given in the past but are not currently giving) and make efforts to reengage with them. Analytics also allows us to see how certain demographics are responding to appeals. We can better understand what we're doing well and what actions need to be improved upon.
  • Online Training
  • In-Person Training
I absolutely loved the online training since there was accountability and feedback from a trained instructor. It was quite personal for distance learning. There was an opportunity to use a sample database and perform tasks based on real scenarios, increasing our understanding of how to use the platform most successfully. The labs were practical and helpful. The instructors are knowledgeable and friendly, sometimes with great humor. It was also a chance to see who else was using Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT and where in the nation they were located.
We used eTapestry before it was acquired by Blackbaud. It was a great tool for the 12 or 13 years we used it. But moving to Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT gave us a much more robust tool, and having the development of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT was just icing on the cake. As Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT has grown and developed further in the years since our conversion, we have seen the numerous benefits of transitioning from eTapestry to Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT. I still recommend eTapestry for smaller non-profits, however. eTapestry and Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT are similar in that they are web-based and therefore mobile, giving development personnel the ability to use it wherever they are located at any given time, as long as there's an Internet connection.

Do you think Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT's feature set?

Did Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT go as expected?

Would you buy Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT again?

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT is quite well suited to larger institutions, but even a small university such as the one where I work benefits from using the tool. I would not recommend it for smaller non-profits, but I know that Blackbaud has other options for small non-profits. Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT is quite robust, and it has a fairly substantial price tag. This is best used by larger non-profit groups with fairly good-sized annual revenues.