Overall Satisfaction with BrightEdge
Our firm uses BrightEdge as our primary SEO tool. It allows us to understand our overall website performance from a traffic and technical perspective. It helps us solve many business problems including content creation, KW research, daily ranking monitoring, and uncovering technical issues. Our firm has used BrightEdge for 3+ years and like how adaptive the platform is.
- Site Audit - Helps us address major technical issues on site
- Competitive Research - Understand the competitive search landscape for our content
- KW Research - Content research tool allows us to create powerful KW lists to share with our editorial team
- Site Audit - BrightEdge crawlers could perform full crawls without as much manual effort from a rules perspective (although this is more of an issue specific to our firm, given our regulations)
- KW Research - Ability to minimize KW lists based on the industry we are searching in; KW lists can sometimes be >1K long, which takes time to filter through
- Positive impact on collaboration process within the firm
- High-quality data that is insightful for broader teams at the firm
- Positive impact on ROI as BrightEdge is our #1 used SEO tool
I see a lot of similarities with the other two products. Personally, I think a big aspect of using BrightEdge is familiarity with the platform. Just like any of these SEO tools, the value from these comes with how efficient users can be with the interface. BrightEdge has a great onboarding tutorial class which helped make the transition from Semrush seamless.
Do you think BrightEdge delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with BrightEdge's feature set?
Did BrightEdge live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of BrightEdge go as expected?
Would you buy BrightEdge again?
BrightEdge has been and will continue to be our firm's #1 SEO tool. We use it for all sets of research and troubleshooting and it is accessible by all teams at our firm, not just marketing.