Canto is almost too good to be true!
March 11, 2021

Canto is almost too good to be true!

Overall Satisfaction with Canto

Canto is being used in my company as a switch over or replacement for our current server. The first part of that transition though is mainly having all of our photos from multiple departments all in one place and available to everyone. It is going to be used company-wide, but we have separate areas set up within by department. It solves the problem of storage space, controlled environment, security and an upgraded system.
  • Canto is great at letting you add multiple tags to photos, documents, and files so that they can be found by anyone no matter how they might be searching for it.
  • Canto has the upload ability to to complete transfer very large file folders and still keep the exact file structure and keep things labels and divided.
  • Canto is wonderful at being able to look for random and specific items across a large platform by your simple words or phrases.
  • Canto has a place where it automatically tags items as they are uploaded, and they call it smart tags. I think Canto could be tweaked a bit to pick up more common tags on it's own.
  • Canto has facial recognition yet cannot search within a bunch of photo files for pictures with tile flooring in them. I think this is an area for improvement.
  • Canto is able to upload large folders and keep the structure, but then is not able to keep the exact same structure when you are simply creating a new file within the program.
  • As of right now, we are still in the process of transitioning so I do not know any details on overall business effectiveness or any hard numbers. But as of now it seems very capable of handling the amount of information my company holds.
  • I think it is an amazing perk that you can literally upload any type of file on Canto, and then you can open any type of file on Canto as well. It is amazing to find a product that lets you open and view CAD or DWG files without having the actual program!
  • The idea behind having our information more at everyone's fingertips and helping productivity has boosted moral and people are optimistic.
  • 8x8 X Series (Formerly Virtual Office)
Canto seems to be ahead of the curve in most aspects when speaking about what kind of bang you are getting for your buck! I do not think you can fairly compare these, but sadly I don't have alot of experience with many others.

Do you think Canto delivers good value for the price?

Are you happy with Canto's feature set?

Did Canto live up to sales and marketing promises?

Did implementation of Canto go as expected?

Would you buy Canto again?

Canto is well suited for a variety of different uses and a variety of companies, rather large or small. It is well suited when it comes to photo uploads and storage. It seems to have fantastic security. It is easily accessible, although I think it would be nice if they had an app.