Mining my way to value
December 15, 2021
Mining my way to value
Advisor in OtherOil & Energy Company, 10,001+ employees
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Celonis
We are currently deploying Celonis in our Order To Cash processes, but aim for much more. Initially, we are using the Process Mining capabilities to optimize free cash flow by reducing overall order-to-invoice cycle time as well as by reducing our container rolls. We plan to soon use action flow capabilities to proactively notify different team members of outstanding tasks requiring their actions.
- Custom analysis to drive effective insights
- Customer-focused dedicated support (CVA)
- Robust online learning readily available
- CVAs take the journey with our company to help us drive real value out of the tool
- The highest value requires learning PQL (low-code options exist, but the size of the prize is limited). That said, once one dives into learning the language, tangible value can be unlocked fairly quickly.
- Can improve screen utilization to offer the best experience, regardless of what device the user has (laptop and tablet users at times will see compressed charts, making quick visualization harder). One [piece of advice] would be to reduce the real estate consumed by the top ribbons. Significant growth of home offices has drawn more attention to what people are able to accomplish from smaller setups.
- Celonis could offer usage stats by default so that we can follow user adoption more easily.
- Celonis has helped us identify, qualify and quantify tangible process improvement opportunities. At first, we are looking at invoice creation cycle times higher than 10 days and scoping actions to drive the numbers down, thus generating cash flow improvements of millions of dollars.
Celonis' value proposition and unique features make me confident that we can drive real value through its use in our company. While other solutions can offer complementary capabilities, Celonis stands out as a complete suite of features that are helpful to improve our business. One additional thing I could not help noticing while being more exposed to Celonis was its ability to handle large sets of data and still respond at an acceptable speed.
We are building a fresh Process Mining capabilities team and Celonis is at the core of what we intend to achieve.
Do you think Celonis delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Celonis's feature set?
Did Celonis live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Celonis go as expected?
Would you buy Celonis again?
We should not think of Celonis as a good replacement for the many data analysis tools we have but rather look at it from the perspective of its own value proposition. Celonis is great for process discovery and, with some PQL knowledge, one can answer many process and transactional questions, as well as test many of the preconceived assumptions built into the way we work. Process steps that do not tie back to a timestamp in our ERP systems will be harder to be viewed in Celonis in a way that can drive meaningful insights (task mining will probably fill this 'gap'). While Celonis can be suited for certain stewardship analyses, I do not believe that to be a core value driver.