Expense reporting software
November 20, 2019
Expense reporting software
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Certify
Our organization uses Certify to generate expense reports and submit them to the accounting department for reimbursement and to post the results into our general ledger for classification. The majority of our users travel quite a bit and use the mobile app. I use the software for computer and service purchases for the IT department supporting the company. Most of the expenses are done on a company credit card and are not directly reimbursed to the card holder, but used to verify monthly bills.
- Upload receipts from computer/laptop.
- See all expenses on a report and work with them.
- Organize and read receipts from the receipt vault.
- The automated reading of invoices from PDF is generally good, however, it is not always 100%. I do a fair number of purchases on Amazon and their PDF files are generally laid out very well and should be easy to classify from the data on it.
- Some of the interface buttons are not clear on what they do, commands are hidden on pop out menus.
- Creating a new expense report from a statement could use some work.
- I have been using the software since I was hired two years ago, but it's very quick to generate an expense report.
- Being able to upload multiple receipts at once is accomplished very quickly.
- The approval process seems to be quick and logically laid out.
I have not directly used the customer support team for issues I was experiencing. However, I have heard stories from my co-workers about day-to-day tasks and from the initial setup and the consensus has been very good. I have not heard any complaints about the customer support team at Certify.
Overall, the usage of the interface is very good. It scales well to a mobile phone but is still useful on the computer screen. All of the features that I would expect are there and easy to use. My only complaint is that sometimes some of the functions are not in plain sight.
I think most of the functionality between the two products is similar and very competitive. I do not use the booking or research facilities of either product but I believe they are similar and have the same functionality. Overall I liked the interface a little bit better on Concur Expense but only from an aesthetic standpoint. The interface alone would not push towards one or the other.
It is very easy to use and to get users trained and up to speed. I have used other software packages and Certify is very competitive in the market place. It is very easy to classify expenses, which is something I need to do regularly because I make purchases for all departments in the company.