Overall Satisfaction with ChurnZero
We only recently completed our onboarding journey with ChurnZero, so we're still implementing the platform for the team. Though, we knew going into this journey exactly what we were looking to address with our company's first customer success platform. The primary business opportunities were in scaling our CSM team's ability to manage more accounts, improving our onboarding journey, and gaining a better idea of our customers' health through a dynamic customer health score (or ChurnScore).
- Onboarding Experience - I'm paired with my CSM and a Technical Solutions Engineer right from the start. We meet constantly and they help drive adoption for both myself as well as my CSM team.
- UI/UX - The user experience for the CSM is very straightforward and user-friendly. Having an easy-to-use platform means it's easier for me as the ops manager to drive the adoption of new campaigns within ChurnZero for my team.
- Segments - The bedrock of ChurnZero. The building of segments and their use within the platform makes targeting reports, plays, journeys, alerts, dashboards, you name it - so incredibly easy to do. It's also something our CSMs can be empowered to build themselves in private views, allowing me to no longer be a blocker on asks from my team.
- Backend Visibility - Many of the integrations ChurnZero uses (CRM, Support, Atlassian, etc) only have very basic administration, to make any changes requires reaching out to their support team. (Though, their support team is extremely quick at making these changes so it hasn't been an issue at all for me). As a power user though, I miss having total and complete control over how a platform communicates with my other tools/databases.
- I was a fan of Gainsight's Success Snapshot feature. ChurnZero doesn't have this functionality today, though they do have things like Custom Dashboards which can be shared that could be a possible segue for me until I find a replacement for automated QBRs for the team.
- Customer Facing Product Roadmap - I know feature requests are collected by our CSM, but it'd be great to have visibility into what is in the near term as well as an active voice in what's being considered. I'm a fan of being able to see what other customers are asking for and being able to upvote or add comments.
- Powering our post-sales customer journey. Our customer marketing team can be laser-precise on triggering the right communication and product adoption messaging now that our product and sales data live in one place.
- Kicking off prescriptive renewal plays.
- Relaunching NPS, CSAT, CES
Gainsight CS and Gainsight PX are both amazing platforms in their own right, but the integrations between the two are still (many years post-acquisition of aptrinsic) just okay. Gainsight is certainly moving in the right direction, with its acquisition of inside for example. But the behemoth platform is still a few years away from being a true single pane of glass. From an ops perspective, seeing that ChurnZero had many of these elements married into a single platform was comforting. Things just work and the UX/UI greatly benefits from having the tools integrated. Where in Gainsight, if I wanted to make a multi-channel touch campaign within Journey Orchestrator, I'd need to set aside at least an hour (if not more - if the audience for that JO was going to be complex) to build out a proper journey. ChurnZero makes building these journeys extremely easy. Even the building of audiences is easy. In fact, the Segments feature alone within ChurnZero is just lightyears better than what I was working on within Gainsight, plus it's something I was able to empower my CSMs to be able to use.
Do you think ChurnZero delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with ChurnZero's feature set?
Did ChurnZero live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of ChurnZero go as expected?
Would you buy ChurnZero again?
You can tell they put a lot of thought into the UI/UX for both the persons who administer the platform as well as the CSM who uses it.
Throughout the entire onboarding experience, I felt very well taken care of knowing I had a dedicated CSM and Implementation engineer FROM ChurnZero and not a contracted 3rd party. Post onboarding, I've had a handful of simple support requests that I've made via email and in every case, I was responded to promptly and with very little back and forth.