Reviews (1-7 of 7)
February 12, 2020
Score 10 out of 10
We are using PX to track customer usage of our self-help portal to identify where they are getting stuck, which articles more people are viewing, and which companies are actively using our self-help portal. With this information we can work with our customers, with products, and with support to identify a better experience for our end users.
PX is great for adding into an existing portal to understand how the customer is using the site. With the customer-specific data it is easy to tie back to individual accounts. PX may not be useful with large amounts of anonymous data is it would give accurate numbers but they may not be actionable.
Read this authenticated review
Gainsight overall has a great support system, not surprising from a company that started in the customer success space. But this focus on customer support really carries over to the PX product. The support team answered all of our questions fully and completely and in a timely fashion, often going above and beyond our expectations.
This product is being used within the CS department and the Product team. It helps us understand the usage of our customers and the trends that they exhibit. We're porting that data into Gainsight CS to have a better real-time response to arising issues that we see.
- Ability to connect to Gainsight CS.
- Clear dashboard with actionable data.
- End user support for configuration to the Gainsight CS Portal.
- Ability to see where a feature path is tagged (visually) after it is in progress.
This is best suited for organizations that are looking to enrich their data picture and have analytical thinkers in place to make the data actionable. This likely would not be helpful for a team that is short-staffed as it takes a significant amount of time in the application to derive its value.
Read Justin Miller's full review
The team that helps connect the two needs improvement.
October 07, 2019
Score 8 out of 10
We use Gainsight to create engagements and assist through the onboarding process of our Web-based project management tool (Proggio). It helps us analyze our user's usability of the various features in our solution and map out their application journey.
- DashBoard insights and UI.
- Cohorts of retention metrics.
- Analytics of in-app engagements.
- Generate reports based on predefined segments is not possible. This is essential for us for creating an onboarding workflow.
- On-screen guides randomly lose their mapping and need re-calibration. This might be due to our application responsive technology.
- Missing customization on certain engagements - Creating a delay is not possible for all types which is needed.
I like the ease of mapping out features of our application. I do need to rebuild my confidence in them though since I've seen several times that objects/features don't remain mapped all the time. I would like to be able to create and measure successful engagements with the tool.
Read Oded Wilder's full review
Overall, very friendly representatives and super professional. On a high level, I haven't seen much correspondence to previous issues we've had in the past.
October 04, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
Currently, we are using Gainsight PX to measure our NPS score with our customers. It is only being used by our Customer Success department at the current time. The business problem that we are looking to solve, is how we can better serve our customers and provide them with a solution that enables them to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Setting up a new campaign is a step by step process that you are lead through by the application.
- Analytics are right there on the campaign that is currently active. You also have the ability to filter on the data to obtain additional information.
- There is the ability to run multiple campaigns at the same time. This allows for the ability to be very focused by account.
- The help section needs to provide more details on what the functionality does and how to implement the specific functionality with step by step directions.
- Would like the ability to reuse a campaign. When I tried to reuse a campaign, by renaming it, I lost all of my data from the original campaign. I wanted to keep my original campaign data, while reusing the campaign setup.
- I find the dashboards to be very difficult to understand and there is just too much information on them.
Read Helene Tapper's full review
As a whole, I really like the solution, it is providing me with an in-depth understanding of how my customers feel about my product. It allows me to send follow-up emails, based upon the rating received, in order to obtain additional comments/suggestions for improvements. As we move forward, we will be able to utilize the solution to obtain additional information on our sales cycles, implementation experience and check-in with the end-users a month or so after their go-live.
October 02, 2019
Score 9 out of 10
We use Gainsight PX to help us with prioritization, keeping track of product adoption, to collect customer feedback and to communicate with the customers in general. We integrated mapping of events inside our product development process in order to look at the performance of new features, and to be able to communicate the changes to our customers - contextually, in-app while using our product. Our core user is product development, but the information we get is shared across numerous departments.
- Feedback module.
- Engagements (all types).
- Ease of implementation.
- May be challenging for a very large amount of events - missing a possibility to track events on attribute level.
- Better management of last contacted rules in Engagements.
It's a good platform to track numerous products (internal and external) for fast development teams, where the adoption results are needed quickly and you need to get your customer feedback regularly and continuously.
Read Igor Kranjčec's full review
Support is fast, gives concrete answers and quality troubleshooting and designation to fix the issue as soon as possible.
July 25, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Our current Gainsight PX usage is primarily in Customer Success, though the more we use it, the more it crosses over and is used by other groups, likes sales and development. Before Gainsight PX, we had very little visibility into any kind of product usage data. Now, we use Gainsight PX to make informed business decisions about account up-sell, needed account interventions, and roadmap decisions. Based on the insights we gain, we can also create in-app content to drive value for our users and influence the product metrics to achieve our goals.
- GPX brings together 3 different functions that are typically found as separate products: trigger-based email campaigns, product usage data, and in-app engagements. Many other solutions only provide 1-2 of these functions. Not only that, but in our evaluation, we found that we preferred Gainsight PX's functions more than any of the single-function solutions.
- The triggers for the in-app engagements can be based on the individual user's product usage, in addition to other static criteria like location, account, user segment, etc. This means that rather than sending users on a broad, prescribed path, engagements will be served up at the time they are relevant to the individual user.
- The Product Analytics are also very easy to implement. I don't have a background in coding by any means, but I was able to figure out how to do it and get some great product insights.
- Best Practices: Since Gainsight acquired Aptrinsic, I've already seen major improvement in this area. I do hope that the Gainsight PX team will continue to experiment and recommend best practices for using the tool. It's an innovative technology, but that means the paths to success are not totally figured out yet :)
- Visualizing potential paths a user might experience with the PX engagements: right now, the engagements are just a list, which makes it challenging to picture what a user might experience overall. There's lots of possibilities of what could happen, but it would be helpful to picture some examples of the user experience with engagements.
- The language in the filters is very dev-heavy. Filters such as "contains" / "not contains" are common. This makes it a bit challenging to train others who are not familiar with data tools or that kind of language. Having better wording would help others be more self-serve.
Read Julie Pinto's full review
- Organizations looking to become more aligned between the Product, Customer Success, and Dev teams.
- Organizations looking to get more in-depth product/feature usage data.
- Organizations ready to scale up the user experience and have the backing/people ready to make it happen.
- Organizations open to experimentation.
- Organizations that don't have buy-in or capacity in the product team. Product managers and/or product marketers are key to the success of this tool.
October 28, 2019
[It] Allows a project manager to understand what features customers are using and Customer Success to understand what overall numbers are growing.
- Shows increase or decrease in number of users
- Shows features that are being used most
- We are able to reach out to customers who have not used certain features.
- Would like to be able to create buckets with certain filters of customer profiles . EG $$$ > . $$$$$$$$$ . Size buckets by ees, etc
- Would like to be able to sort by rep
- Maybe I can do the above and we are not configured for it?
Can't use a lot of the functionality for CS since I can't slice and dice the data the way I need to.
Read Janice Goldfarb's full review
Have never had to use it
Gainsight PX Scorecard Summary
About Gainsight PX
Gainsight PX’s Product Experience Platform aims to empower teams with tools to deeply understand user behavior, drive product adoption, and collect user feedback.
Purpose-built for SaaS products, Gainsight's product experience software enables companies to track every step of their user's journey and fully understand how they're interacting with your product over time. According to the vendor, using those product insights helps companies make meaningful engagements at scale by offering guidance, recommending additional products or asking for feedback at the exact moment users are most engaged—in or out of their product.
Gainsight PX Screenshots
Make Better Roadmap DecisionsPX Dashboards offer an interactive way of viewing data. By default, Gainsight provides you with the Gainsight PX Dashboard, but you can create separate Dashboards for each user, based on their requirements. For example, you can create a Dashboard, set it to private and grant access only to the top-level executives who are interested in viewing the performance of company KPIs. You can create a Dashboard for a Product Manager and include widgets which show key metrics for the product they own.Gainsight PX connects directly to your CRM and other customer data sources, letting you leverage custom events with no limits on what you can explore – all without using any query language. Track specific events and compare any number of different cohorts and behaviors to learn more about a specific behavior or validate a specific hypothesis. You can use the group by functionality to aggregate results based on specific fields, and you can analyze custom event properties based on the property values. This may come handy when you want to measure the event properties such as video play counts or monetary values you're passing to Gainsight PX via custom events.Product Mapper® is an easy to use way of describing your product features with a simple "point, click and describe." Each mapped feature can be viewed hierarchically within your Product Feature Tree®. Features can be organized in any way that makes sense for your particular application. For example, you can organize by modules and features or you can nest sub-modules under modules and add features at any level.You can use existing templates while setting up Guide engagements. You can even save the newly created/modified template and use the saved template in the future in order to save time. Once you select the template, you can modify your template–no coding required, but it's there if you want it.Present targeted and timely in-app surveys so you can get more relevant feedback from the right people to better understand their needs and wants, and easily see the results in real-time.
Gainsight PX Integrations
Gainsight PX Competitors
- Has featureFree Trial Available?Yes
- Has featureFree or Freemium Version Available?Yes
- Has featurePremium Consulting/Integration Services Available?Yes
- Entry-level set up fee?No
|Starter (Free)||$0||100 or less MAUs (Monthly Active Users)|
|Starter||Starting at $400/M||500+ MAUs (Monthly Active Users)|
|Growth||Custom||Per MAUs (Monthly Active Users) and more|
Gainsight PX Support Options
|Free Version||Paid Version|
|Video Tutorials / Webinar|
Gainsight PX Technical Details
|Supported Countries:||United States|