May 01, 2022
Score 7 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cisco Jabber
I use Cisco Jabber mainly for quick text conversations with colleagues. It cuts down on email traffic and isn't as distracting as phone calls as it allows the communicators to respond when able. Making phone calls with Cisco Jabber is very easy as the corporate directory is pre-loaded. You can see if people are available, ask if they are free to talk, and identify when people are out of the office, busy, or not to be disturbed.
- Great for quick communication
- No need to hunt out a phone number
- Displays availability of colleagues
- The hunt function isn't suitable for our organisation
- Voicemail can be a bit clunky
- The meeting element is very basic
- It's being overtaken by MS teams, which is a pity because the communicator is much nicer/simpler on Cisco Jabber
- Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Skype and Slack
Communicator is much, much better on Cisco Jabber. It's clean, simple, and compact. You can delete stuff, keep your files tidy, and not have pointless stuff hanging around for a month.
Do you think Cisco Jabber delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cisco Jabber's feature set?
Did Cisco Jabber live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Cisco Jabber go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Cisco Jabber again?
Great for quick communicator messaging and locating availability of team members