The quintessential PR database toolhttps://www.trustradius.com/public-relations-prCision Communications CloudUnspecified7.6941012018-12-17T16:18:44.279Z
Updated May 03, 2019
The quintessential PR database tool
Score 8 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Cision PR Software
Cision is being used on behalf of our clients, as well as internally for our own agency PR efforts. Cision helps us pull distribution lists for outlets and reporters nationwide, and is especially helpful in markets where we don't historically activate. It also allows us to research journalists and outlets at scale and in a time efficient manner.
- Cision is a great database of outlets, journalists and media contacts
- Cision is a great tool to sort and create lists based on outlet type, reporter title and most importantly geography
- Cision's user interface is intuitive and easy to use, whether you're pulling a list of thousands or researching one particular outlet or journalist
- Cision doesn't always have niche outlets in its database
- Cision doesn't always have accurate circulation, web or advertising cost #'s built into it's database
- Cision doesn't have robust international capabilities as part of its core offerings
- Cision has a net positive impact on time savings for staff so we can be quicker to market
- Cision has a positive impact on internal savings as it is used internally across multiple accounts and with the internal PR team
- Cision is extremely useful when it comes to resourcing and conducting outreach in those DMA's where our agency doesn't have a physical presence
Most PR databases seem to offer similar services in terms of list building, distribution and monitoring, but sometimes they differ if they are used at global level, vs. national or hyper-local. Because we have been long-standing customers with Cision, we have the opportunity to renew our annual contract at pricing levels that don't account for year-over-year price increases.
Cision is well suited for PR staffs, either at a brand or agency level, especially those that are actively executing outreach programs at a national, state or local level. Cision doesn't necessarily replace manual list development or building PR relationships, but it gives PR personnel a significant head start on where and with whom to begin targeted outreach.