Cvent Event Management Review
Updated November 11, 2019
Cvent Event Management Review
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Cvent Event Management
Our organization has used Cvent for our organizaton's 3 regionally focused annual conferences and professional development events hosted at schools and hotels throughout the world. Additionally, we use Cvent to manage the registrations and certifications process for our Online Workshops. We currently use Cvent to manage our registrations, data, RFPs and vendor submissions, surveys, to run our conference apps, and to manage our certificates and records available through a contact website built through Cvent.
- Data Management - Easy to build reports can be used to track attendee preferences, locations, and trends and easily report out. The reports sections continues to receive improvements and updates and is one of the best features of the system.
- Requests for Proposal - Easily manage, review, and confirm RFPs and hotel selection for events of any size throughout the world. One of the most user-friendly RFP systems I've used.
- Stakeholder Communications - Efficiently manage your email communications to stakeholders and attendees through the events email system. Using invitation lists and filters, easily send messages only to the intended recipients for targeted mailings.
- Lack of Test Emails - Some systems allow you to receive a test email using stakeholder data to view and test generated links and information or to pass on the text and links directly if the email was filtered or lost. Unfortunately, Cvent does not currently offer this feature.
- Formatting Emails and Documents - Recent changes to the system with Cvent Flex have improved this functionality, but with the traditional builds we still face difficulties with formatting emails, documents, and webpages. The new GUI system is improved, but for older events some programming knowledge is helpful.
- Avoid Over customization - Cvent is a great product out of the box, but it may be tempting to over-utilize custom fields. The larger the number or more complicated the logic of the custom fields, the more difficulties you may face in integration with other systems.
- Improved Data Tracking - Has led to more directed marketing campaigns with a clear and measurable improvement in responses.
- Improved Engagement - Through the on-site app and communication tools offered through Cvent we have increased attendee engagement and satisfaction with our events per survey results.
- Simply RFPs - Using the RFP system, we have cut hours out of our sourcing and contract negotiations stages of planning.
- Easier management of registration and certificate histories through a contact database and portal/website.
Compared to our previous more customized inhouse registration system (or our old use of excel sheets for tracking) Cvent Event Management has greatly improved our data management and reporting, our stakeholder communications, and our visual brand. We selected Cvent in the end due to the features and ongoing support offered by the system.
Our account management team has been very supportive and helpful from the start to many years into implementation. They are in constant contact with our builders and our admins about new features, trainings, and solutions to issue which arise especially in integrating with other systems or with developing alternative models.
Do you think Cvent Event Management delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Cvent Event Management's feature set?
Did Cvent Event Management live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Cvent Event Management go as expected?
Would you buy Cvent Event Management again?
While the system still has space to grow, it is the best management and event registration system I have yet used for events from dozens to thousands of attendees. For building registration pathways, gathering attendee data, communicating with attendees (on and off-site), and managing surveys, Cvent is a great tool for organizations that regularly organize events, trainings, or conferences.