Overall Satisfaction with Datto SIRIS
I tried to use the Alto device for unmonitored, automatic backups for a Legal Team that needed hourly backups for quick, virtual, bare metal restore in the case of a disaster.
- Automated support with form letters.
- Backups are unreliable.
- Alto device requires hourly babysitting to monitor.
- Terrible technical support that contradicts each other every time I call.
- No automated emails when backups fail.
- I had to spend hours of my time watching their device for failures.
- I also spent hours on the phone while they struggled to figure out what was wrong, randomly switching settings back and forth.
- Second level support was better, but only to a point.
- They continued to bill for months after the account was canceled and the service stopped working.
Datto seemed to be better than other vendors I trialed, and I inherited an Alto device, so it was easy to stay with them. I also assumed the backups had been working with the previous contractor, but it turns out they had been failing for months and no one knew it.
Do you think Datto SIRIS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Datto SIRIS's feature set?
Did Datto SIRIS live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Datto SIRIS go as expected?
Would you buy Datto SIRIS again?
I think Datto is an appropriate choice if you have an IT team that is used to monitoring everything manually with MSP dashboards and the like and so can notice failures manually. They are not good if you want to only get notifications via email or text when the backup fails and not think about it the rest of the time.