Overall Satisfaction with Datto
We use Datto File Protection on our internal workstations, servers, and client machines. Datto is a trusted name in the backup space, so we decided to test out their solution internally before deploying it to our clients. The behind the scenes data backups to the cloud ensure minimal disruption in the event of a hardware failure.
- Backup workstations and servers.
- On-going backup to cloud, not just a daily scheduled task.
- Great price point.
- Application updates can be disruptive.
- Occasional disconnect between server and cloud.
- Takes a while to complete the initial backup to cloud.
- Ongoing backups to cloud.
- Price point geared toward small business[es].
- Works with both workstations and servers.
- Reduced cyber insurance premiums because of reliable backup solution installed on servers.
- Price point is less than competition so budgets remain in control.
- Reduced amount of technical support hours needed to restore data.
Datto has a better price point, available backup space, and retention policy compared to other players in the backup space. OneDrive and Google Drive are great contenders, but Datto File Protection allows for more granular selection of non-default folders that need to be backed-up. We needed a flexible solution that allowed for customizing the backup data set and Datto provided us exactly what we needed.
Do you think Datto SIRIS delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Datto SIRIS's feature set?
Did Datto SIRIS live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Datto SIRIS go as expected?
Would you buy Datto SIRIS again?
Datto File Protection is well suited for small businesses that need to ensure their user workstations are properly backed up as well as central file servers. Once the application is configured, the backup process is hands-off and requires no end-user input. I would not recommend this solution for backing up business critical application servers.