Overall Satisfaction with Deputy
Deputy is being used across the whole company. For us, it solved the problem of using several different systems. It combined our Time and Attendance system (Swipeclock) with our scheduling system (work schedule). Now employees and managers only have to access one system, and it made it easier on our HR and Payroll by streamlining the process.
- I like how Deputy lets me adjust timesheets with ease.
- The timesheets a nice with the photos.
- I like how it captures each location and employee. It's easy to see the breakdown.
- I like how simple it is to input multiple PTO days.
- The load time is long.
- Api for automatic profile creation from bamboo which is what was initially promised.
- It's a pain for a team member to add 35 locations to an individual's profile I would like an easier way to that.
- Being able to apply pay details easier without having to click through each location.
- Creating new pay details should be simpler.
- Calculating lunch hrs in employee pay so they don't have to wait till their paycheck to see how many total hours they are paid for.
- Making it easier for companies that have employees that work in multiple areas to manage create their profiles.
- Being able to assign who gets a PTO request from an employee instead of having the employee choose who gets their PTO request.
- Being able to have multiple accrual rates for PTO depending on employee group or department.
- Editing timesheets can be improved. Like if we need to unapprove time to edit something for an employee, it needs to be done in 2 sections for it to capture and then there's a delay. Sometimes the edit doesn't capture at all.
- Should be able to mark an employee absent on the schedule and choose to have it pull from their PTO balance if we want.
- Ability to mass approve timesheets.
- Sort feature on the scheduling page to short by job title.
- locked shifts and time sheets should be an option versus a standard.
Deputy stacks up in terms of scheduling and time and attendance. Deputy was more flexible in the pieces that we needed. However, the other systems are a total package with the payroll and HRIS piece included. We chose Deputy because the scheduling piece had more sort views than the others and worked for our company best.
Do you think Deputy delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Deputy's feature set?
Did Deputy live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Deputy go as expected?
Would you buy Deputy again?
Deputy has some great features, however, I believe there is a lot of room for improvement to allow the system to move smoother. I think the system should be more customizable for companies so we can truly get what we need to operate and not have to compromise and give up certain things.
I believe the implementation could have gone much better. The sales team did not communicate the things that we needed for the set-up to the implementation team, and we did not find this out until we were about to go live and then had to push our timeline back several weeks until the issues were corrected. The sales team did not communicate that there would be extra costs involved.