Drift is lead gen on steroids (for prospects who are cool with chatting with bots)
Ankurman Shrestha | TrustRadius Reviewer
August 31, 2018

Overall Satisfaction with Drift

Drift created a whole new category of Conversational Marketing and they definitely played their cards right this time. We use 4 different Drift playbooks for engaging with potential students and partner companies. Not everybody likes chatting with bots but for those who're cool, Drift makes lead gen a piece of cake.

• Super easy to install and get it up and running on the site. UX is terrific.
  • Support is 10/10 as I've always had my questions or issues resolved.
  • Sets meetings in my sleep :) It's lead generation on steroids.
  • The licensing cost might seem significant for those who can't justify an ROI.
  • They upsell you 24/7 whether on their emails or on the user dashboard.
  • Appointments set increased by 43% quarter over quarter.
Like I mentioned earlier, looking at Drift's UI and how it handles chat requests, it may not fare well as a dedicated support-chat system like Intercom and Zopim.

Of course, their value prop is conversational marketing and lead gen through automatic bot workflows. They're trying to do too many things - like Email Sequences and Account Based Marketing for example. It would be great to see data in 12 months on how that experiment of theirs is helping the customers.
We build .CSV files of leads. That's pretty much it. The data visualization on the dashboard is good enough for us at this stage. There's a startup called Botanalytics that is providing analytic features for chat bots. It's something Drift would want to integrate out of the box to help its users make data driven decisions.
Drift is well-suited for a direct questionnaire or lead qualifier system. Where your prospects may be open to going through that series of questions (chatting with bot via Drift playbooks), this is a well-suited solution.

It's not well suited if you're looking for a dedicated support chat system. We use Intercom & Zopim for that and while I'm not a hardcore fan of either, I see Drift would create productivity issues if used as a chat-support system.