User Review: "Why Not Use Google Analytics?"https://www.trustradius.com/web-analyticsGoogle AnalyticsUnspecified8.519331012013-07-22T15:53:15.100Z
- Gives us all the data we need surrounding our website (visits, pageviews, sources, conversions).
- Helps us to review our social media goals. We use GA to measure referral traffic from social media channels, along with the associated conversion rates. For example, originally much of social traffic was coming from LinkedIn, but recently we started to run Twitter ads and we have seen a huge spike in referral traffic to our website from that channel. We are thinking about running an ad campaign in LinkedIn and we will also track that carefully in GA.
- GA allows us to put a Dollar amount on conversions. For example, a request for a demo has a higher associated Dollar value than a white paper download. This is based on historical analysis of conversion data. This is a great feature.
- Google is very proactive. We have an AdWords account with them and they frequently check-in with us to see how things are going and make suggestions. We sometimes use these calls to discuss GA-related topics too.
- We use the product to measure conversions and content engagement along with Marketo- The data does not always correspond. We tend to trust the Marketo metrics a little more, since they are measuring very concrete things like forms completed, etc. while GA is measuring the paths that people on our website.
- Measure conversion rates and improve pages that are underperforming.
- Track and manage social campaigns allowing us to allocate advertising on the most impactful platforms.
Google has reached out many times proactively to give tips. They are very proactive. We have an AdWords account with them and they frequently check-in with us to see how things are going and make suggestions. We sometimes use these calls to discuss GA-related topics too.