Overall Satisfaction with Google Search Console
Google Search Console is used in both marketing and web development. Marketing is able to gain valuable incites to improve SEO and the development team is able to detect and improve errors in a fast and efficient manner.
- Provides inbound keywords that can be linked directly to your Google Analytics account
- Quickly update sitemaps and remove pages from search results
- The fetch and render tool is very helpful to ensure your pages are appearing correctly in search results
- It can be a little difficult to navigate
- More training resources would be an asset. A beginner is given the power to completely destroy a sites search results at the push of a button. Likewise it is a powerful tool to enhance search results also.
- An option to take care of multiple versions of the same site simultaneously would be helpful. An option to use the same validation script across all versions and administer them simultaneously would be a time save (i.e. non-www, www, http://, and https:// versions of the same site).
- I have used Search Console for every web project I have worked on. The results have always been outstanding.
- Surprising insights can be gained from the keyword analysis. I have discovered multiple profitable channels that weren't even on the radar.
- AMP has been a game changer over the last few years and this tool makes it extremely simple to ensure your pages are mobile friendly.
The paid software mentioned all provide great insights and areas of opportunity. Those insights coupled with Google's free Search Console allow one to make changes directly into the SERPs. The ability to push a page to be crawled ensures that your changes will be seen by google and often I am surprised by how quickly changes can take effect.
This is an essential tool for any website in my opinion. Google is the dominant search engine and this gives you the ability to directly influence how your site's pages, descriptions, etc appear in search results.