Overall Satisfaction with GoToMeeting
I generally have many meetings in the week, and use three types of software for it, Microsoft Teams for internal meetings and Zoom and GoToMeeting for external meetings. So far, GoToMeeting has been a useful tool to quickly set up a meeting that can be recorded. Many other users within our company, across multiple departments, use GoToMeeting.
- Recording is possible
- It's possible for the host to mute everyone, to give one-sides presentations
- It's possible to use chat
- The login with a number is clever
- You can also join meetings over the phone
- The software looks outdated compared to other software.
- Screenshare for higher resolution is sometimes messy (can't see the whole screen).
- Making it fast and easy to set up meetings
- Having external consultants on the call
- Recording sessions for future reference, thus saving time (since we do not have to do a double meeting).
It's fine, but the software looks outdated. Many functions are hidden in tabs or dropdowns. Compared to other software, it has all the functions, but some are hidden in a somewhat more complex user interface. I would recommend updating their interface to get up to par with other software. Other than that, usability is fine.
I didn't have the need for customer support from GoToMeeting so far.
- Microsoft Teams and Zoom
Microsoft Teams has some extra features, like extended chat with file sharing and emoticons/gifs + the option to blur out your background. Zoom is similar to GoToMeeting, but with a slicker design. I would recommend considering both options when you compare this to GoToMeeting. When you have Office365, MS Teams is already included in the price so it would be a no-brainer to use that—although it has the disadvantage that setting up meetings with externals is a lot less convenient than GoToMeeting.
For presentation meetings, GoToMeeting is the way to go. Also for having people over the phone join the same meeting (landline), GTM is fine. You can easily join with a 9-digit code. Although GoToMeeting is fine, in 80% of my scenarios I prefer Zoom or Teams since I don't generally have people calling in via their phone.