Overall Satisfaction with GoToMeeting
GoToMeeting was once our "go-to" for web conferencing with clients. Over time, however, we have leaned towards other products such as Google Chat and Amazon Chime. It was and is still sometimes used primarily by account services professionals as well as remote staff and various people spread across different departments.
- Small meetings where all parties will be speaking and sharing their screen.
- Remote staff needing to conference with coworkers.
- Conferencing with clients who do not have reliable phone service but do have an internet connection.
- Minimal interface.
- It is not integrated with Google Calendar or Google Chat.
- GoToMeeting has become an added expense for my organization, as other Google products have just packaged their solutions as part of our enterprise solution.
- A sound web conferencing tool is crucial for client and remote staff communications, though, so if you don't have one it is a good investment.
- Amazon Chime, Google Hangouts, Zoom and BlueJeans
GoToMeeting is about as easy to use as Zoom and BlueJeans. It is comparable to Amazon Chime, but less integrated than Google Hangouts/Chat. Almost all these solutions include file sharing, screen sharing, chat, and polling. The most helpful features are dial-in numbers and Google Calendar integration for quickly scheduling calls in one click.
They respond quickly online or via the phone. Very rarely is support needed, though, as the tool is minimal and straightforward.
Do you think GoTo Meeting delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with GoTo Meeting's feature set?
Did GoTo Meeting live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of GoTo Meeting go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy GoTo Meeting again?
GoToMeeting is a very reliable piece of software that makes web conferencing with small groups easy. That being said, there are so many web conferencing tools out there, many of which are better integrated with our business tools like Google Calendar and Google Chat, that just make it feel like a third-party tool and not an essential part of our tech stack. If you re not using Google products, however, you may very well like the product.