Your Out Of The Box Solutionhttps://www.trustradius.com/heatmap-session-recordingHotjarUnspecified8.61611012019-07-11T20:46:27.509Z
July 11, 2019
Your Out Of The Box Solution
Score 10 out of 101
Overall Satisfaction with Hotjar
Hotjar is primarily used by the marketing team, though there are instances where this can be shared with the technology team when investigating how a user experiences a problem or issue on the website. The recordings help solve issues like front-end issues, or UX by indicating interactions with a form field, for example. It provides you with a detailed report on where a visitor is struggling to move forward by looking at how they interact with the different elements on the site. You could really go very detailed in the investigation.
- User interaction with the website, specially those with multi-step forms.
- Collecting realtime feedback while a user is using your website.
- Filtering through thousands of interactions is now easier and faster, you can save those filters for repeated use.
- Form Tracking: still needs improvement to support angular forms.
- Funnel support on single page application.
- 360 degree reports: Maybe an integrated report of heat-map, funnel and form tracking.
- Visually identification of user issues where you'd never find out with customer explanation alone.
- There should be a way to have an 'always on' recording. Sometimes problems happen but you have not enabled the recording.
- Plans and pricing are very flexible. Even the basic plan gives you pretty much all access to the functions.
Hotjar stacks up on basic feature, ease of use, implementation, and, of course, the cost. Its out-of-the-box solution makes it less painful when implementing bigger solutions like Tealium. While Crazy Egg is pretty much for the smaller scale website, which for that purpose would fit the bill. For a small and medium-size website, Hotjar is a very good tool to start using.
Easy to implement, even for non-techy users. A ready out of the box type of solution where implementation is done via GTM. Security is one of its focuses as well. By default, any PII is automatically masked. The user doesn't have to worry about any changes that need to be done on their websites. For any type of website or scale, Hotjar is already suitable.