Effective interview tool
June 07, 2019
Effective interview tool
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Jobma
My team starting using this recently to screen the candidates we were interested in. We used this in the initial stage of our recruitment to find candidates we wanted to move forward in the pipeline. Prior to using video interviews we were calling candidates on the phone. While this hasnt replaced that entirely (we still call candidates to inform them about certain things) it has cut down the amount of time we used to spend on the phone with the candidates. That frees us up to do other things. And being able to share video recordings of candidates also means we can involve other people in the hiring process much sooner than we were doing before.
- Its really easy to use. We set up a training session when we signed up and after that we rarely had to get in touch with them.
- Candidates can do interviews on mobile phone as well and its pretty smooth.
- They provide tech support for candidates. That makes things easier for us since we can just drop an invite and they can handle the rest.
- I loved that we could customise the interview page and the email that the candidates see. It was really nice to be able to include our branding on it.
- It would be nice if we could download the videos to store them locally. Currently the only way to watch them is to stream them.
- We were able to move candidates through our pipeline much faster.
- Not having to spend a lot of time on the phone freed my team to do other tasks.
- Since we could involve operations people in the initial stage of recruitment, we were able to find better suited candidates earlier in the process.
- Zoom and Skype
We used both Zoom and Skype before this. The problem was for both of those tools we still needed to be on with the candidates to do the interviews. Neither Zoom or Skype let candidates send their video recordings to you so you can review them. Pricing wise, Skype and Zoom were cheaper though but they didnt do what we needed.
If you are looking to introduce pre recorded video interviews, this is worth looking into. Its pretty affordable so you dont have to make a sizeable commitment up front. However if you need AI based assessments or need to do coding challenges etc this is probably not for you. You can set up basic multiple choice etc questions but they are pretty bare bones. Its focus is very much on video interviews.