Overall Satisfaction with LinkedIn Sales Navigator
This tool is being used specifically by our sales development team to prospect, gain insight on target accounts, keep track of company news, and expand our network. It allows us to address the problem of having access to clean and accurate data by easily browsing companies, profiles, and news related to both.
- Targeted Searches - able to search by company, prospect name, industry, company size, department, etc. Lots of filters to add and ways to really drill down on a specific group of people.
- Expanding your network - unlike regular LinkedIn, Sales Navigator gives us access to several circles beyond our current connections, meaning we can see people's profiles even though they're "outside our network".
- Triggers - targeted searches can be saved to be accessed later in time but also as "trigger" alerts, which will send email notifications to your email when a specific event (promotion, mentioned in the news, published content) within that search is shared on LinkedIn.
- It has allowed our reps to be very efficient with their time by quickly being able to target companies, apply filters, and narrow down our focus to the right people. Very easy to use.
- We now have access to clean and updated information for companies and prospects, which in return allows us to add new people to our CRM as they transition into a new role/new company, and helps us have a cleaner CRM.
- We can be very intentional with our outreach. Our team has made a bigger push towards sending InMails, and having triggers and news to make our messages personalized/customized is a huge plus!
We selected Sales Navigator because (most of the time) people's Linkedin profiles are a source for very accurate/real-time information on people's current position. DiscoverOrg has great data but they are limited to larger companies, meaning they don't have much info on middle to small companies which can still be a fit for our services. Accuracy and targeted searches are a huge bonus for us.
It is very well suited for companies looking to have access to clean and accurate data, and also looking to be intentional with their outreach to prospects. Since it allows you to sign-up for news and trigger events, it can be a great scenario to stay on top of that news and have a reason to reach out rather than simply make cold calls. Aside from that, having access to many InMail credits can be a great tool in this day and age; it adds another touch to your outreach strategy. It is less appropriate if your target market is companies below 50 employees, this often means that employees might not be on LinkedIn and could narrow down your results.