Updated February 25, 2015
Score 8 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with MailChimp
MailChimp has been effectively used for specific marketing purposes; whether that be to prepare an audience as we head to a tradeshow or to help narrow a prospect list using a targeted offer. The marketing team implemented the project and the sales team helps source the prospect lists. As expected, several users handle the implementation while others only saw the output and analytics.
- MailChimp continues to improve their product and keep at the forefront in this product set
- Strong usability for all types of users; from beginners to advanced
- Reporting feature is clear and easy to compare and understand how well each campaign did
- Although the templates are good, it would be good to continually build out that template base.
- Would like to see continual improvement for reporting; executives want snapshots to which I sometimes need to build out myself; the tool should "do it for me."
- I feel it would be good to have a sandbox; I felt I needed to create a dumb instance to test a few things and would like that to not show in my primary workset.
- We sent out an email to a targeted set of prospects with a call-to-action; we were able to quickly identify prospects who were interested and need more attention.
- We were able to generate conversation starters and prep for a conference we attended; people will able to recognize our new product name
- Reporting gave transparency to the executive team; allowing them to see real activity and results from our efforts.
First, the product has to do what it's supposed to do; and second, it has to be easy to use. MailChimp does well in both categories. I have found that most of the big name competitors certainly handle the first one but fall a bit short on the usability side of it.
I believe MailChimp is well suited among its competitors whenever you need such a solution. You often need to determine if using an "impersonal" email solution is the best way to go; or, if you need specific personalization that precludes such a tool. Having used several competitors as well, MailChimp consistently performs well.
I have been using MailChimp for several years and am impressed by the visible, ongoing improvements. I will continue to use MailChimp when the need arises.