Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Office 365
Office 365 is used in my organization in multiple ways. We make use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and especially Outlook to perform our daily job tasks. It is used across the entire organization. It allows us to create WUSWUG documents with Word, spreadsheets, PPT presentations and manages our e-mails and meetings.
- Organizes e-mails and tasks.
- Creates beautiful and flowing word processing documents.
- Creates PowerPoint presentations that help disseminate information to employees.
- Corruption of .PST files in Outlook results in e-mail data loss.
- Issues with the corruption of Office system files requires removal/reinstall of the software.
- Issues with SCCM and Windows Update can cause Office to crash/lose data.
- Allows employees to create necessary documents.
- PowerPoint creates presentations that provide compelling data with many options for display (datagrams and word art for example).
- Outlook allows e-mail communication between enterprise members.
Overall, I would say Microsoft provides adequate support for Office 365. There are tech-net articles for literally any issue you could conceive. My only criticism is with Microsoft's telephone support. Most of their call centers are in other countries (India for example) and the language barrier makes it hard to get adequate support at times.
Do you think Microsoft 365 delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Microsoft 365's feature set?
Did Microsoft 365 live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Microsoft 365 go as expected?
Would you buy Microsoft 365 again?
Word and Outlook are ubiquitous across the business world. Not having the ability to use these programs is a huge handicap for any user. These programs are specifically well-suited in any business environment. Although there are alternatives (Google Docs for example), they represent such a small part of the market as to be not worth mentioning.