March 02, 2019
Score 10 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Microsoft Visio
[It's] Used across multiple departments to develop process flows for training and business documentation. Specifically use it to outline technical steps as well as steps users will take to follow the business path.
- Process flows
- Business analysis
- Project planning
- Easier to develop multi department flows, when you're outlining the flow, currently if you need to shift where swimlanes are located it completely alters your diagram (when boxes are connected with arrows) and you have to basically restart it.
- This is the most nit picky thing ever, BUT, while working through a process flow if you realize you need to change the basic standard flow shapes to another shape you have to go back and redo the whole thing. If there was a way to change the shape by right clicking on the box instead to instant switch instead of copy/paste/realign/reconnect to switch out the shape I would personally be forever grateful. I once did a workflow in all start/end process circles, so dumb, but I had to go back through and rewrite the whole thing into the process boxes. It was a super large workflow. It was such a pain in the ass.
- I didn't realize that Visio could be used for Gantt charts and project management until this review. To make those features more user-friendly or as a separate tab would allow users to track business process flows AND if kicking off a project - link the project timeline to certain steps.
- Return on investments due to identifying savings or gaps while documenting steps and servers needed in process flows.
- Increased resource capacity, easy to see where we can change a manual process into an automated one while documenting processes.
- Team planning and project kick off meetings, great visual to use while documenting the process our operations customers need our team to accomplish.
Using Microsoft Visio
100000 - I work in the operations department at UHC and am not sure how many other departments use Visio. It's a standard download for the operations team when they are assigned equipment but I'm unaware if its used by call centers, medical staff, and IT employees.
1000 - Working for a 300k+ person company I'm unsure of how large our IT department is. However, outside of installation issues I would not call them for visio support. I've found that the online microsoft visio forums make it easy to troubleshoot any of my program issues or questions.
- Kickoff meetings for projects, great to document customer expectations of how they would like us to develop their process with our technology.
- Current and future state project documentation made easy with organized diagrams.
- I've even used Visio to clean up a Microsoft word smarart diagram my husband created for his employees, he's a chef. He was so happy to see all the processes and sub processes clearly outlined for his staff to follow for the state food safety requirements.
- My team only has one use for Microsoft Visio - process flows. After reading questions in this review I'm excited to explore other capabilities in Visio. I was not aware of them before this review.
Evaluating Microsoft Visio and Competitors
Microsoft Visio Implementation
Microsoft Visio Support
Super easy to navigate and helpful support forum which answers most of my questions!
Problems get solved
Kept well informed
No escalation required
Immediate help available
Support understands my problem
Support cares about my success
Quick Initial Response
Using Microsoft Visio
Like to use
Easy to use
Technical support not required
Quick to learn
Feel confident using
- Super easy to quickly throw together business workflows to understand process operations.
- Easy to separate lines of business and teams with swimlanes
- Great for producing step by step training material for new employees for process operations.