Miro as a Tabletop RPG Planning Tool
November 11, 2021

Miro as a Tabletop RPG Planning Tool

I use Miro to bring ideas to paper. It's great for planning and strategizing, allowing me to quickly jot down mindmaps and flowcharts that enable me to better understand my own ideas. Having an infinite canvas allows for infinite connections and possibilities planning the steps ahead while keeping track of everything we've already been through.
  • Quick element creation with double click
  • Infinite canvas
  • Quick connecting lines
  • Text formatting within the same paragraph.
  • html formatting inside cards.
  • Better exporting options for free users.
  • Better tabletop adventures for my players.
  • Quicker recalling of information.
  • Quicker story prototyping.
Miro has helped me create more dramatic and involving stories for my tabletop RPG players. The amount of creative energy needed to keep track of everything we've played and to plan the next steps ahead would be a lot bigger without Miro to keep everything organized and neat. Now I can have interconnecting stories with next-level depth and richness!
Miro is very easy to use and quick to learn. The tools are simple enough so that anyone can understand what they do in a second, but practical enough to solve most problems one might encounter. It is well focused on what is actually important, there are no distractions like useless tools or complex menus to navigate, which allows for quicker understanding and work.
I haven't really used Miro in a collaborative way yet, but I've seen it in work and it's pretty neat. Being able to collaborate in real-time with other coworkers is really important, especially in design and user experience teams, and even more so during the epidemic while everyone is working at home.

Not sure

Miro is excellent for creative projects on which quick prototyping and writing are needed to keep ideas flowing without interruption or delays. It is the best tool for quickly creating mindmaps and simple flowcharts. However, it is not very appropriate for the actual design stage, where more precise controls are needed to create pixel-perfect layouts.