Great and intuitive collaborative working!
February 21, 2022

Great and intuitive collaborative working!

We love Miro. We use it to manage our work internally, and also when we are working with others on community engagement and participatory design. It's so user-friendly, everyone just loves it. It's such a great tool for visualization of ideas, how they all relate to one another, and their connection to other topics. The templates are a great tool! and being able to link to documents allows us to connect to everything we are working with.
  • Visually engaging.
  • User-friendly.
  • Being able to link to docs on drive.
  • It'd be great to have the lock function be a bit more easy to enable/disable.
  • I'd like to be able to format text within sticky notes.
  • Sometimes when in Kanban an "enter" creates another row and it's very difficult to undo.
  • Improved engagement.
  • Help with management for working from home.
  • Has helped engage workers with their self-management.
Probably not. The tool is very intuitive for its use, and the desktop version is great. It works on iOS as well! which allows working across devices and operating systems. That allows for a variety of users, and personally, I have devices on different operating systems, so it's good to know that I can access and work through my Miro boards regardless.
Because I can access Miro on desktop, apps, or browsers from different types of devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, surface, and phone) and through different operating systems. Also, the fact that we can link docs, or sheets from a drive or directly embed context is just a fantastic tool that allows linking project information that maybe isn't fit for the miro format, but that we need to access within it.
It has been great. We are able to actively engage participants that are online, when geographically in very different places. Synchronic meet-ups just get everyone into the working space and peace of mind to share actively in such a beautiful interface. It really is very engaging. People also really like functions like following other users to know where others are working within the board.

Not sure

I don't have any experience with additional stacks up. But I think that speaks to how much we are already able to get done with Miro itself. Managing teamwork and tracking our projects is so easy. Synchronic working is also very smooth with the tools that come available with Miro without additional add ons.
Google Jamboard, Canvas, Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365)
Definitely great for collaborative working, for processes that need to be engaging and visually easy to communicate. It is also great for team management, to keep track of the team's projects and what everyone is up to. Maybe less appropriate for jobs that require formal sharing of final reports, it's more of a tool for the "show your work" part, not for reporting. So you have to make sure you can "read" what's on the Miro to take it into a doc and create a report.