Overall Satisfaction with Miro
We use Miro for process mapping many variables of our process improvement project. This project aims to lessen the burden of our employees when reviewing articles that are set to be reviewed on an annual basis. We share these Miro process maps both internally and externally to visualize our thoughts surrounding our proposed solutions.
- Provides a visual
- Quick reference point for questions/answers
- Provides a variety of mediums to record notes
- Easy to share with both internal and external partners
- Difficult to navigate to different areas of a larger Miro if not well-acclimated to Miro already
- A bummer I don't have the ability to create more than 3 Miro's on the version I currently have
- Improved productivity in our project
- Bolstered efficient communication
- Easily shared to others
- Easily manipulated with colors and whatnot
- Can be used small or large scale
I am not sure what implementation would have been had with my usage.
Mapping between different areas and traveling across larger Miro's was my main difficulty in getting acclimated to this platform. The arrows provide a great way to process map large ideas and complicated processes. Mostly user-friendly but I am experienced with the technology so this may not be the case for everyone.
Do you think Miro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Miro's feature set?
Did Miro live up to sales and marketing promises?
I wasn't involved with the selection/purchase process
Did implementation of Miro go as expected?
I wasn't involved with the implementation phase
Would you buy Miro again?
Miro is well suited to projects many people are working on simultaneously. It is easy to share and follow along. I have not used Miro in many situations other than this.