Miro for higher education
February 23, 2022
Miro for higher education
Score 9 out of 10
Overall Satisfaction with Miro
I use Miro with my students to plan projects and organize our team. We use it for MindMaps, shared calendars, or other visualizations. The students like it a lot because it can be well structured and everything can be on one page. It makes my lectures more interactive and the students can organize themself in teams on the boards. It would be nice to be able to copy boards and share them with other users or to be able to download them to save them on our server.
- its very user friendly - everyone is able to get familiar with it
- many options with a lot of templates
- sometimes it's hard to fix frames and still be able to work with them... I don't get this part. sometimes everything is blocked, sometimes the students crash my templates.
- I would like to be able to save my boards for example in pdf or something. or to copy-paste boards from one user to another.
- i like it alot...do not know more points
- luckily miro is for free for educators and i appreciate it a lot
- I am sure you do a great advertisement to give it to students (their educators) for free, otherwise, I would not use it at all
- usually we use a lot of open source, a pitty that miro is not
Miro is a good platform and I like to use it. It is very user-friendly and easy to understand. Everyone gets it and it's easy to work with it in different ways. I like that it is possible to have a big board with many different frames and visualizations. It helps me a lot. If you would charge me as a university member it would not be possible to use it at all because my university has limited financial possibilities for software.
Miro is very easy to use and it is also very easy to send it around. It creates a link that I can send around. The boards do not get deleted. It is possible to return to an older version when students delete some input? I never tried that one. Something like to back to the old version...or see all changes. It would be also nice to be able to shut off the names. When I do feedback rounds I always use another platform because on Miro you can see who wrote what.
Do you think Miro delivers good value for the price?
Are you happy with Miro's feature set?
Did Miro live up to sales and marketing promises?
Did implementation of Miro go as expected?
Would you buy Miro again?
You do not have the products I used. Its Kohoot, Mindmaster, Surveymonkey We use everything that is open-source or for free to be able to provide better education. I like Miro because it collects a lot of possibilities and I can create a board however I want. I like that part a lot. And it is easy to share the board with my students...just the link and nobody need to register. It is a very important point! I would not use it if my students would need to register.
I only use it with my students and would never use it privately. I think I could get lost on the boards. Sometimes my students do presentations with the Miro board. I wouldn't say I like this because it is hectic when the board moves around while the screen is shared. Do you have a solution for this? Maybe a special presentation mode where you pre-select windows to show which get zoomed in?