Miro brings people together in a visually appealing way
June 06, 2022

Miro brings people together in a visually appealing way

I use Miro for use cases:
  1. Leadership Team Coaching: I share my observations about the organization by visualizing them on Miro. During my coaching sessions, I draw real-time based on where the conversation is going and what people say. It helps us to resume our conversation in the upcoming sessions.
  2. Giving Training: I design training content such as team exercises, explaining a concept, or visualizing the agenda. Teams do exercises in break-out rooms.
  • I can easily visualize an abstract concept on Miro.
  • I can easily co-create new ideas with my colleagues.
  • I can easily record feedback after I explained a new concept.
  • I struggle with the "zoom level" of elements I create on Miro. Some of them become too small, and some of them get bigger. It's hard to keep the same zoom level on a board that has many frames.
  • Frame titles don't work well visually. I wish Miro had a better-looking way for the title of frames.
  • Shortened the time it takes to make a decision(visual clarity during discussions).
It was seamless.
It is a seamless experience.
Miro helps bring people together and collaborate effectively. We have been using Miro to conduct retrospectives and find out what to improve. We also use Miro to ideate on a new topic such as what to build.

Miro feels more intuitive. In MURAL, it requires more explanation to new users. Which is an important topic for us since we started giving our training program to colleagues online.
When I need to give training, I use Miro in three stages. Designing the training, giving the training, and reflecting on the training. In the design phase, I can easily collaborate with my co-trainer. While giving the training, participants have a feeling of the whole training visually. They can have a sharp focus on a specific area of the board when they do exercises. I ask for feedback from the participants. Then I or we reflect on the feedback and take notes about what to improve.