Miro for Collaborative Brainstorming
June 11, 2022

Miro for Collaborative Brainstorming

We use Miro to visually demonstrate user journeys, notably the touch points users have with our application. Screenshots and/or mockups are arranged with arrows and text boxes to demonstrate the connection between the interface and the user's goals. We also use Miro for collaborative process flow development - event-storming. Engineers, product managers, and more build out the functional processes and goals related to the technology we are building. Lastly, we use Miro for sprint planning.
  • Real-time virtual collaboration
  • Instinctive usability
  • Scale comparison
  • Accounts, teams, and permissioning
  • Improved productivity and ability to reach milestones
  • Improved user experience
I was not on the team involved with the implementation of Miro, so I cannot answer this question. I have not heard any grievances from the team that did implement the implementation process, so that is a good sign. However, I have heard that the free version is very limited.
Miro is very instinctual in terms of user experience. I am sure the actual task of developing a Miro board from scratch is a tall task. But when using templates, it is easy to learn. You can also integrate with other applications, such as Jira.
Miro is a key cornerstone to remote and collaborative work in our organization. Went into detail in an answer to a previous question, but it functions as a remote whiteboard in many ways, allowing the team to visually brainstorm and contribute while working remotely.

Not sure

Well-suited for visualizing cross-functional processes that are complicated by nature and touch a lot of different teams. Miro is very useful for developing those that have ambiguous structures; however, the templates available make Miro also suitable for highly structured visualizations. Anything that is "flow" oriented is suitable for Miro. Miro is less suitable for data analysis - instead, it is a way to visualize existing analyses.