Want to be productive? Use Miro.
June 14, 2022

Want to be productive? Use Miro.

Miro helps us create programs, manage workloads, do retrospectives, and better yet collaborate with external partners. Working in program development, you work with a lot of differences within your context. All of these need to be critically assessed to be able to come to a sound decision. I am able to collect a lot of information from different avenues and congregate them into Miro. This helps me ensure that all my bases are covered.

Pros

• User friendly
  • Supports collaboration
  • Visually appealing

Cons

• security and user management. Should be able to have more than 1 admin.
  • Hard to use if you dont have a mouse
  • Sharing links are sometimes difficult/ I wish there were more sharing/privacy settings
  • Im able to be more productive quicker
  • I can explain things in visual not writing (management loves this)
  • Things can be easily modified
In our context, we didn't have a formal introduction to Miro. Members of the team started using it and eventually, people caught on. It would be cool to have asynchronous youtube videos that act as mini-tutorials. I think this would help some players understand just how much Miro can support their work.
My organization doesn't let me integrate miro into my apps. So I could not comment on this.
Its remote settings it has been a blessing. This helps people collaborate using emojis, sticky notes, and comments. In the beginning, it is hard for people to understand how to use it without getting lost. Often, setting up access restrictions and rules of engagement is important to not lose information.

I've used Figjam but since I don't use other products I prefer Miro. It's self-contained and has one objective. It's not as confusing to use. I also love the templates.
working with subject matter experts that have no previous knowledge of our context makes it difficult for us to get started on the project. Miro is great for congregating a lot of information in one place. It's also helped me create really impressive mind maps without subject matter experts. I sometimes have trouble with making it look organized. If you want things to align really easily and in an automatic way, Miro could be frustrating. For instance, sometimes it's just easier to use excel for text box-related charts.

Comments