Miro accelerates brainstorming in the virtual age.
November 12, 2022

Miro accelerates brainstorming in the virtual age.

Brad Singleton | TrustRadius Reviewer

We use Miro to collaborate a cross-functional team that is focused on addressing customer challenges. We have primarily used the basic functionality of sharing ideas in a visual application that sparks creative thinking. We have tried the mind-mapping function. We primarily use the templates and build upon them in our use. Sometimes as the input makes the Miro Board get pretty large it can be difficult to navigate and see the board and provide input.
  • Idea Generation
  • Visually capture input
  • Maintain a visual record of team input.
  • It is very difficult to get the "navigation hand" to appear tome move around. Seems like right click option doesn't always activate when you 1st access Board.
  • A simpler way to insert images onto sticky notes within the board.
  • A way to add my personal images to a Miro Board.
  • We have streamlined meetings that sometimes took over an hour to complete to well under an hour.
  • We have increased our productivity during meeting by having a visual "agreement" from or previous meeting on our Miro Board.
  • We have increased our ability to hold people accountable to milestones by having Miro as our team record of our "agreements"
Miro was offered to us as a replacement to another virtual platform we used with similar capability. Because of this there was initial resistance to adopting Miro Board and not enough resources devoted to help bridging the gap between the old platform and Miro.
This has probably been the area where Miro has impacted our organization the most. During the COVID pandemic our organization was pushed into the use of virtual platforms without much choice. Miro helped to bridge the gaps in our organization as we worked in the virtual work environment and still tried to be effective.

Not sure

Miro is definitely a better option based upon the array of features that are included in the platform that help accelerate brainstorming process for a team. MS Teams had the advantage of being the platform we use for teams meeting and what we were comfortable with for our virtual team meetings. Miro was able to gain my confidence and I learned powerful it was as a brainstorming tool.
Miro is incredibly helpful in getting brainstorming sessions among colleagues from different functional areas onto the same page. Miro is perfect for virtual meeting environment for keeping a visual record of what the team agreed was the direction to be taken to address and challenge or pivot on a direction. Miro can sometimes be difficult to navigate with a group with no previous experience in using the platform. I sometimes give "homework" to attendees to team meeting where I am using Miro to help get everyone on the same page. The current content available on YouTube is very helpful to help navigate this learning gap.